• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Need advice on route

letoburito23

I am 20, and want to know which way would be best for me to get a commissioning and then a flight slot. I have researched plenty, and even fell for Ed rush's hundred dollar book scam. I've talked to enlisted recruiters, but never an officer recruiter. I have a misdameanor possession of marijuana charge, from when I was 18. I have been told that I need to enlist in the reserves while I go through college to prove to the Corps that I want to be there and want to be a pilot. I've looked into the plc program, and have researched the enlisted commissioning programs and I need advice on the route that I need to take to achieve my goal. A navy f-5 pilot from vf-111 was the one that told me about enlisting first to prove i want to be there because I would be less likely to be selected with the drug charge on my record. The enlisted recruiter told me this as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I've wanted to be a pilot my whole life, but fell in with the wrong crowd during my senior year and thats how I got arreested.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
Talk to an Officer recruiter. He is the only one who has the ability to give you a straight answer on your chances or the best coa.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Talk to an Officer recruiter. He is the only one who has the ability to give you a straight answer on your chances or the best coa.

+1. Talk to a Marine OSO or Navy Officer Recruiter. Enlisted recruiters cannot help you. A misdemeanor charge at 18 is possible to get accepted with, but you have to pretty much be a golden boy from that point on. I'm talking awesome grades in school, extra circulars, rock the ASTB and PRT, etc. I got picked up Navy with a theft ticket when I was 16. My roommate had a DUI and he's a Marine pilot. It's possible, but you need to prove you were young and dumb and learned from your mistakes.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Leto, thanks for posting, and hopefully we can give you some insight or point you in the right direction.

I have researched plenty, and even fell for Ed rush's hundred dollar book scam..
As a paying customer of Mr. Ed Rush's book, can you post more feed back and a your thoughts on why you came to that decision regarding his product? I assume you purchased the "Fighter Pilot Power Pack"? Your comments I am sure would be helpful to other hopefuls out there, so they don't make the same mistakes. Thanks in advance.

that mike guy

JSUPT primary @ VAFB, Enid, OK

+2. The first time I walked into a recruiters office it was for enlisted. After explaining my situation they told me I need to be talking with an officer recruiter and pointed me in the right direction (using this loosely because of how long it took for me to get in touch with the right OR branch, but thats another story). As the previous posters have said, the ORs are the ones best equipped to put you on the best coa, be it enlisted-to-officer, national guard/reserves, etc.

Sorry if my post is redundant, but I figure +2 is better than +1 :D

letoburito23

Thank you Synix for your advice, really brightened my day. As far as Ed's "Powerpack" goes, I was dissappointed to dish out a hundred dollars for a book and a couple of cd's. I was mad because I dont have rich parents, I work for what I have and pay all of my own bills. I saved up some money to purchase the powerpack and just felt dissappointed when I got the package in the mail. Dont get me wrong there is some good advice in there, but truthfully I've learned more reading this website than his program has taught me. On top of that his afterburner club charges 60 dollars a month, And I didnt sign up for the second month because I couldnt afford it. So one day I go to use my debit card and I have no money, I actually owed the bank 150 dollars becasue they automatically charged me for the second month of the club. I had paid credit for gas and it didnt go through for a couple days, so the charge for the club put me in the negative and then the gas charge came through. They refunded the money and everything was fine but It was frustrating to not have any money for a week while I tryed to figure out why I was charged 65 dollars by Ed Rush associates.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've heard enough bad stories about this Ed Rush to want to not recommend it to anyone. Is there anyone out there who thinks this program is the "greatest"?

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What is the "club"? What are you supposed to get?

letoburito23

If you're a member of the club you get access to his forum, and once a month you get a cd in the mail with a motivational pamplet.
Also once a month there is an afterburner club meeting, where you can ask him questions. He usually has a guest like a retired pilot,
or some athlete. There's a yearly club meeting where, if you have the means you can go meet him on the deck of the midway, and he
teaches you about carrier operations.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
On top of that his afterburner club charges 60 dollars a month...

And you get to have access to a forum and an online chat for $720/year?

You can write me for free.

If you are in town and want to meet up to discuss ship/carrier ops, let me know.

I however cannot dazzle you with a celeb or athlete encounter. I can link you to a motivational speaker though.

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
+ 3.14159. Everyone else seemed to be agreeing with something, and I didn't want to be the last one to piggyback off a good idea.
Speaking of good ideas, I've concluded that any book that enables you to make money is a scam, hence the good idea (for the author/publisher).