• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NCD: what's it mean?

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
Not Considered Disqualifying
To clarify: NCD does not necessarily refer to NPQ/not NPQ. If you take certain meds, it's a CD for a specified time or until the meds are found to be no longer in your blood. In the meds section of that guide, NCD means you can fly while taking those meds (assuming they were prescribed).

I currently take Zyrtec pills for allergies. If I don't take them I get a scratchy throat and itchy eyes. What's the Navy's position on Rx like that. Is it CD? Can I bring it to OCS? I can live without it btw...its just uncomfortable.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I currently take Zyrtec pills for allergies. If I don't take them I get a scratchy throat and itchy eyes. What's the Navy's position on Rx like that. Is it CD? Can I bring it to OCS? I can live without it btw...its just uncomfortable.
For aviation, Allegra and Flonase are the meds permissible for allergies. I get indoor allergies and am a slob to boot, so the docs gave me those to keep my sinuses under control. Feddoc would know more; he's the AW resident doc.

To build on what Cygnus said, things that are CD are not necessarily showstoppers. I was on Ritalin as a kid and have a waiver for that. PRK is also technically disqualifying, but I have a waiver for that, too. Some things they won't waive but others they will, and there is much more leeway when you're winged. For instance, get a kidney stone as an applicant and IIRC you're screwed. As a winged guy, under certain conditions, it is waiverable.