• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Working Uniform Type II and III - finally something sailors can wear....

jtmedli

pilot
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy (SS/SW) Rick West has said the restriction on desert cammies won’t be a problem because “the majority of our folks don’t need the [desert uniform], even in a desert environment, because most of our sailors don’t go outside the wire.”

Ok, MCPON...what happens when 'they' come inside the wire like they did at Balad (?) and that Sailor who you didn't want to give desert cammies to is standing there like a giant blue target?

Chief of Naval Operations Adm. Gary Roughead said last year that the Navy decided to restrict who receives the new desert version because of its tactical features. He said he wanted to curtail the possibility that insurgents would recover these uniforms on the battlefield.

Is that a serious response to the question?

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
^ not to mention there are inherent benefits to wearing a lighter color in very hot environments. But why would our military bureaucrats let common sense get in the way of decision making?

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy (SS/SW) Rick West has said the restriction on desert cammies won’t be a problem because “the majority of our folks don’t need the [desert uniform], even in a desert environment, because most of our sailors don’t go outside the wire.”

Ok, MCPON...what happens when 'they' come inside the wire like they did at Balad (?) and that Sailor who you didn't want to give desert cammies to is standing there like a giant blue target?

Chief of Naval Operations Adm. Gary Roughead said last year that the Navy decided to restrict who receives the new desert version because of its tactical features. He said he wanted to curtail the possibility that insurgents would recover these uniforms on the battlefield.

Is that a serious response to the question?

1. If they "don't go outside the wire" anyway, how would the insurgents get their uniforms?

2. He is right in that no self-respecting terrorist would ever be caught dead in that monstrosity called aquaflage.

Blue uniform in the desert, with black boots? Hope you enjoy it, swabbies! You will look like a smurf on a cocaine bender after trudging from your cans to the chow hall and getting moon dust all over!

jtmedli

pilot
1. If they "don't go outside the wire" anyway, how would the insurgents get their uniforms?

2. He is right in that no self-respecting terrorist would ever be caught dead in that monstrosity called aquaflage.

Blue uniform in the desert, with black boots? Hope you enjoy it, swabbies! You will look like a smurf on a cocaine bender after trudging from your cans to the chow hall and getting moon dust all over!

Logical? I think NOT.

We could merge this thread with the flightsuits thread. After all, these are the same guys that are making our flight suit regs too.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
^ not to mention there are inherent benefits to wearing a lighter color in very hot environments. But why would our military bureaucrats let common sense get in the way of decision making?
I wore my aquaflage pants one Saturday in August while working fuel quantity out on the mighty war pig wing; I think the hi temp that day was 115F and I was burning up. I won't be wearing them again till December when it might start to cool off here. You'd think that they would have at least made a lighter summer weight uniform for the hot months or areas. I feel sorry for the young airmen that are stuck in the sand box with only these to wear.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor

They'll get them the same way they got our dcu's...We will give them to the friendly, trustworthy Iraqis and afghanis, and some how they will end up "lost."

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
.......Blue uniform in the desert, with black boots? Hope you enjoy it, swabbies! You will look like a smurf on a cocaine bender after trudging from your cans to the chow hall and getting moon dust all over!

Well, the Iraqi 'federales' do it, why not us sailors?! :)

size0-army.mil-61476-2010-01-14-080125.jpg

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
Title doesn't match content of article. (Navy Times, duh)

Checks good from my phone.

This post was mainly in response to Flash, et al, regarding how Marines were buthurt about other services wearing similar looking uniforms.

phrogdriver

pilot
Super Moderator
I will say, though, that those black and tan digs you made your E's wear look like a bastardized version of Service Charlies. You all can admit it...you want to be just like us, but can't get into the yelling and short haircuts.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
I will say, though, that those black and tan digs you made your E's wear look like a bastardized version of Service Charlies. You all can admit it...you want to be just like us, but can't get into the yelling and short haircuts.
I think the black and tans look stupid, (not what I really want to say) thought at first it was some Chief Wannabe. Stupidest uniform yet. I’m thankful I missed some of the stupid changes.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This post was mainly in response to Flash, et al, regarding how Marines were buthurt about other services wearing similar looking uniforms.

Different Commandant and Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps, things change.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I thought the black and tans conform to what every other service has: mismatched top and bottom. Weren't we the only ones to have a one-color ensemble for each uniform?

phrogdriver

pilot
Super Moderator
To be fair, most people wear mismatched tops and bottoms. In the civilian world, if you wore a khaki shirt with khaki pants, people would ask if you were going on safari.