• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Side Flying "B-Billets"

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
For the NAE, realistically Placement in Millington cares about filling first tour sea billets and disassociated sea tour billets. Recently DH has been a problem for 1310s, as well as VTJ IP.

Most priors are going to make it to their disassociated under their winging contract and that’s all that really matters.

Now for 18xx stuff, I can’t speak to it and their manning.

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
Call BS on what? They've earned the extra years that aren't pertinent to a promotion board, to have options outside the norm of non-prior commissioned officers. Seems like a tea leave I would never presume to be able to read, were I to be a board member. I also took off from JFK about 15 hours ago, landed the plane in SFO 9 hrs ago (it was a greaser, mind you), deadheaded to SEA, and then drove home for two hours and have been awake about 20 hrs total (that damn green tea from the terminal won't stop working), so that might not be a sensical statement :)
I don't know if we're talking past each other, or my wording was confusing. What I meant was if any board member brought up prior enlisted time as a negative (which I highly doubt would ever happen), some other board member would tell them to STFU, because prior time is irrelevant to promotion/selection.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I should clarify my last comment in terms of priors and "flight risks" IRT community health.

By no means do I imply being a prior with a significant amount of TIS (think 8+ years) impact statutory boards, like promotions. A member's prior enlisted status is not one to be discussed or deliberated upon.

What I meant to say is community health, in terms of the O-4 and even O-5 levels, face higher than expected losses due to prior enlisted personnel being retirement eligible. A community (NOT aviation) experienced this within the past few years, which led to changing the program authorization and limiting TIS requirements.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I don't know if we're talking past each other, or my wording was confusing. What I meant was if any board member brought up prior enlisted time as a negative (which I highly doubt would ever happen), some other board member would tell them to STFU, because prior time is irrelevant to promotion/selection.

Reading comprehension on my part. Agree 100%

Reactions: IKE