• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN Navy Reservist Working With a SEAL Team?

SELRES_AMDO

Anything is possible. I even met an O-4 1305 in the reserves who made it because he kept taking hard jobs that no one else wanted.

What do you do in the civilian world? Surely, whatever it is you do, you can somehow spin it to be relevant to a community you want to be a part of. Have you looked at civil service or DOD contractor jobs? I know lots of guys who use their experience there to build up their reserve career.

If you want, PM me and I can help you out on questions regarding the redes process.

A thing I learned about the reserves is networking is key. So start making friends every drill weekend and don't be afraid to ask people for recommendations.

subreservist

I will actually mobilize to go to HOA very soon. I will be doing some work that is related to intelligence. The hard part is getting the endorsements like the recruiter said. I will try to network and get some "sea daddies" as the recruiter strongly suggested.
I do look into the CANREC and I was selected to New Orleans, but I had to turn it down because I got accepted for the mob. I will apply for CANREC as the tour starts to wind down.
I am also thinking about doing back to back tours so I can get the experience as well.

CANREC spots are hard to come by, as most serve in them for up to 5 years. So if you really passed on that, it will most likely not be available when your MOB ends.

Also, had you taken that spot, you could've possibly redesignated in HR as either 1205 in SELRES or 1207 in FTS; that position is one of their check in boxes career-wise.