• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Pilot/ NFO "Rolling" Boards MAR/APR 2013

exNavyOffRec

Those seats don't show up as filled in CANTRAC until FS's are in hand... June 2 is likely going to have a lot of the college program guys as Navy is already paying them $ and they need to get in as soon as graduating in May

It really depends when they graduate, they have to allow for some time to get final grades and transcripts, so often it is the late June class that is filled more often than not.

AirGuy

It really depends when they graduate, they have to allow for some time to get final grades and transcripts, so often it is the late June class that is filled more often than not.
Hi NavyOffRec, this questions is a bit off topic, but can we print out a DD-370 and have our professors fill them out? Then just send it over the recruiter's office so they can get it into "the system"? Is the DD-370 just as good as an LOR? Thanks.

RiseR 25

NOMI doesn't clear your waiver for MEPS - the docs at MEPS will examine your paperwork first. MEPS has a 6 month period as well before they'll see you. You should be in the clear - they should be contacting your processor soon

Sorry, I don't mean to interject. Can you/anyone weigh in on what each of the following's role is and what authority each has in the process. Please...?

1. Officer Recruiter
2. Processor
3. MEPS
4. NAMI (i.e who has the ultimate say in whether you're "good to go")

I feel right now I'm a hamster in a wheel to be honest.

RiseR 25

I understand the MEPS and NAMI have an overlap due to the difference in being "fit for duty" and "fit for aviation duty." But who is a processor, a liaison between the recruiter and the board?

exNavyOffRec

Hi NavyOffRec, this questions is a bit off topic, but can we print out a DD-370 and have our professors fill them out? Then just send it over the recruiter's office so they can get it into "the system"? Is the DD-370 just as good as an LOR? Thanks.

It would be easier for them to get it electronically, and the LOR's that are on DD370's can be substituted quite easily for employment references that are unavailable.

exNavyOffRec

Sorry, I don't mean to interject. Can you/anyone weigh in on what each of the following's role is and what authority each has in the process. Please...?

1. Officer Recruiter
2. Processor
3. MEPS
4. NAMI (i.e who has the ultimate say in whether you're "good to go")

I feel right now I'm a hamster in a wheel to be honest.

The OR is the one that does the initial paperwork or in some cases all the paperwork, the processor either finishes the paperwork and does a QA check or just does a QA check then gets the chain of command to write comments/recommendations, MEPS does the physical exam so N3M has something to review, N3M then either says yes or no on the physical side.

NAMI only comes into play for aviation programs and only after you are in OCS.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
It would be easier for them to get it electronically, and the LOR's that are on DD370's can be substituted quite easily for employment references that are unavailable.

I just used DD370's for all references employers, professors and coaches.

MurphyM11

15 September 2013 OCS - SNA
Assuming that this upcoming May 12th class is indeed light SNA/SNFO candidates, and that those slots will be filled using the "rolling boards", wouldn't these individuals need to find out soon? As of this Sunday it is only two weeks until the class starts. How late of notice could someone expect to hear of acceptance to OCS and subsequent start date? It makes it hard to give 2 weeks notice to jobs or any other commitments if the candidate does not get a full two weeks before his/her OCS arrival date.

I know one member was posting on this topic a few pages earlier, though my understanding is that he had been selected in a past board and was merely waiting to be PQ'd to go, making a short turn around more understandable. However, does this possibly indicate a selection for the May 12th class might result in a similar short turn around?

Sorry if this has been answered before or elsewhere on the forums.

I hope everyone is having a great Friday!

Calculon

It's Calculon! Hit the deck!
Assuming that this upcoming May 12th class is indeed light SNA/SNFO candidates, and that those slots will be filled using the "rolling boards", wouldn't these individuals need to find out soon? As of this Sunday it is only two weeks until the class starts. How late of notice could someone expect to hear of acceptance to OCS and subsequent start date? It makes it hard to give 2 weeks notice to jobs or any other commitments if the candidate does not get a full two weeks before his/her OCS arrival date.

I know one member was posting on this topic a few pages earlier, though my understanding is that he had been selected in a past board and was merely waiting to be PQ'd to go, making a short turn around more understandable. However, does this possibly indicate a selection for the May 12th class might result in a similar short turn around?

Sorry if this has been answered before or elsewhere on the forums.

I hope everyone is having a great Friday!

FWIW the March selection boards were geared towards sending people as early as 3/31, which was much more notice than 5/12 would be, so it's unlikely that the rolling boards - if any are held - would be able to send people there to this class - except those PQ and with clearances initiated

The deadline for the July board is coming up too (mid June IIRC) so the good news is, if you've been submitted already, you'll be up for at the very least that one

Mr Spenz

pilot
So what are people's thoughts on the next selection board? Similar or different than the March board? ;)

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
However, does this possibly indicate a selection for the May 12th class might result in a similar short turn around?!
Best answer... It's unlikely, but anything is possible if they get in a 'last minute' pinch to fill in a class. Just be as ready as you can. If you have to leave suddenly with less than 2 weeks notice, a good employer will understand. It could be the only chance you ever get!:eek:
BzB

GISpirate12

FS SNFO OCS
So what are people's thoughts on the next selection board? Similar or different than the March board? ;)

I hear similarity on the NFO side of things... but either way, I am prepared! Stay positive ladies and gents! Get those push-ups and curl-ups at high reps, and that 1.5 mile time as low as possible... and Crossfit on! :D

Nsmith29

Is anyone exponentially more anxious since finding these forums or is it just me?

If it makes anyone feel any better I had a dream last night that I got a call back from my OR and I got a slot. I'm like 98% positive that means there was a board this week... but I could be 100% wrong. That is all.

Mr Spenz

pilot
People have been talking about this "rolling board" since the beginning of April. Personally I don't think it will happen until July or my application gets submitted which is May 1, 2013 :D