• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Pilot/ NFO "Rolling" Boards MAR/APR 2013

arianjalali

I had PRK in 2011 and submitted over 30 pages for mine. MEPS took 2 months to get back to me and cancelled my appointment the day before b/c my paperwork didn't have an eye exam done in the last week they said... They usually hold onto your paperwork for a few weeks. You don't have to clear MEPS before you submit for the board, but once you are pro-rec'd you have to clear MEPS within 3 months, I believe. I wouldn't worry about it, just remind your recruiter and processor. I'm still waiting to get into MEPS myself, after having submitted a current eye exam, recruiter said "they probably want to hold onto your documents for a few weeks before they let you in."

thank you for this insight, alaurin. my recruiter is under the mindset that MEPS does have to be cleared prior to submitting for the board, but i can see how gouge on this site contradicts that. regardless, i'm just hoping my the paperwork clears me to go through MEPS at some point in the near future.. and if it doesn't, i wanna know what extra hurdles i have to jump through in order for N3M to clear me to go to MEPS. i'm trying to get "pro-boarded" ASAP.

NavySquid26

PRO-REC Y Supply June 2013
thank you for this insight, alaurin. my recruiter is under the mindset that MEPS does have to be cleared prior to submitting for the board, but i can see how gouge on this site contradicts that. regardless, i'm just hoping my the paperwork clears me to go through MEPS at some point in the near future.. and if it doesn't, i wanna know what extra hurdles i have to jump through in order for N3M to clear me to go to MEPS. i'm trying to get "pro-boarded" ASAP.
Just to second that conclusion...I was told that it is not absolutely required for the board to review you, that it was only required withing a time frame after selection and before OCS. I was lucky enough to have had a prior MEPS physical just less than two years ago and turns out I don't need one :D thats a relief.

GISpirate12

FS SNFO OCS
Just to second that conclusion...I was told that it is not absolutely required for the board to review you, that it was only required withing a time frame after selection and before OCS. I was lucky enough to have had a prior MEPS physical just less than two years ago and turns out I don't need one :D thats a relief.

NavySquid... what have you heard about the "rolling boards?"

mtaylor

Meatgazer

Agreed. I was informed that the MEPS paper work is not *required* to submit your packet to the board. I believe it does look better if you have it taken care of prior to submitting your packet though. I guess it makes it look more "complete" instead of them seeing your grades/application/letters of rec., yet still pending medical documentation that could throw a wrench in everything.
I was told the same thing that the physical must be completed within a certain time frame after selection.

I also had a prior MEPS physical that we were able to pull and use for this OCS packet. I was happy I didn't have to make the 2 hour drive to the nearest MEPS and retake the whole physical. Not to mention sparing the embarrassment of doing that goofy duck walk in your underwear!

Additionally, the paperwork/leg work does not need to be started for your security clearance prior to submitting your application.

NavySquid26

Between going active duty and processing for the reserve I've done that duck walk about a handful of times now and its never any better...darn lucky to skip it this time :D

NavySquid26

Is there a SWO board also?
The gouge that im getting is that pilot and nfo rolling boards are going through April and that there are regularly scheduled boards for nfo supply and swo all around the same time some time in june...

mspillar

Talked to my recruiter today, he said they're still waiting to have enough kits to justify having a board. But he did also say they're trying to fill the May 12 and the June 23 OCS classes (June 2 is full). He has not heard of any dates but said there will be one very soon.

USAF_WX2USN

Talked to my recruiter today, he said they're still waiting to have enough kits to justify having a board. But he did also say they're trying to fill the May 12 and the June 23 OCS classes (June 2 is full). He has not heard of any dates but said there will be one very soon.

CANTRAC is showing 58 empty seats for June 2nd...

Calculon

It's Calculon! Hit the deck!
CANTRAC is showing 58 empty seats for June 2nd...

Those seats don't show up as filled in CANTRAC until FS's are in hand... June 2 is likely going to have a lot of the college program guys as Navy is already paying them $ and they need to get in as soon as graduating in May

USAF_WX2USN

Those seats don't show up as filled in CANTRAC until FS's are in hand... June 2 is likely going to have a lot of the college program guys as Navy is already paying them $ and they need to get in as soon as graduating in May

You're right. I've also heard that they only have so many slots per designator in each class. So, it could be true that there are no more pilot/nfo slots for the June 2nd class, but there are openings for other designators.

GISpirate12

FS SNFO OCS
But he did also say they're trying to fill the May 12 and the June 23 OCS classes (June 2 is full). He has not heard of any dates but said there will be one very soon.

Wouldn't the May class be filled by those who have F.S letters in hand from previous boards waiting to go, but were assigned later OCS check-in dates? (I.e- the selects who we're chosen in the March boards.)