• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy OCS PFA Question

Beardog768

Hey all I was looking at Navy OCS pfa requirements and it appears you need a satisfactory medium for the in PFA and mid Pfa. However it appears that you need a good for out PFA. I’ve tested my self for quite some time and keep on getting between medium satisfactory and good. Obviously I’m going to shoot for the best but if I don’t get a good on the out PfA by like one sit-up I get kicked out of the Navy? Need some clarification. Thanks.

BroskiOCS

Hey all I was looking at Navy OCS pfa requirements and it appears you need a satisfactory medium for the in PFA and mid Pfa. However it appears that you need a good for out PFA. I’ve tested my self for quite some time and keep on getting between medium satisfactory and good. Obviously I’m going to shoot for the best but if I don’t get a good on the out PfA by like one sit-up I get kicked out of the Navy? Need some clarification. Thanks.
If you fail to meet the minimum fitness standards, you will get held back for 3 weeks....even if it's the final PFA. Same with the written tests. You can fail once and retake but if you fail a 2nd time then you get held back. If you still have some time before you report to OCS, I suggest you keep working at your physical fitness. Not everyone needs to be a PT stud but it's important to set yourself up for success prior to arriving. If it's running you hate, incorporate more runs into your routine. It may be difficult but that's where your motivation to be a Naval Officer should take hold and carry you through. I love running but am not very proficient at push ups and sit ups. I understand that its my weakness so I've made it a point to focus on exercises that target those muscle groups (push ups: bench press, dips, tricep pull downs; situps: decline situps with weights, planks, bicycle kicks, flutter kicks). I absolutely hate working out abs but I've seen progress over the past few weeks. Also....just doing more push ups and sit ups helps. It seems like a dumb answer but it really helps. I know you just wanted an answer as to "what if I can't meet the standard?" but that's simply not a good mentality to have. If you are already cutting scores THAT close to the requirement, I'm confident you can KILL it with a little more motivation in the gym. Good luck and keep your eye on the prize: earning your commission in the world's finest Navy!

flgator92

None
You should shoot for as high as you can score on every PRT/PFA. You need at least a "Good Low" for the mid-PFA, but the final PFA was generally everyone's best as candios. It's ran more like a standard Navy PRT/PFA -- in my experience they weren't really sharking us like they did on our first three PRTs. Make sure your form is good: a lot of people roll on the IST because they haven't been using good form. I noticed during my time aboard OCS fleeters are not immune to this because in the fleet they're not sticklers on form -- any vertical movement counts as a pushup; this is not so at OCS. A good bunch rolled because of bad form across the classes who came through during my time.

My worst PRT/PFA was the IST because you're so worn down the first few weeks there -- I think it was an "Excellent Low." However, I got "Outstanding Low" on my last. It depends on the person, but rolling on the out-PFA wasn't even a concern. You run so many at OCS, you'll be good by that point. Coming into OCS, make sure you're doing your best with good form. When you get to the fleet, officers have more authority and responsibility-- obviously-- and it frankly looks bad if you can barely pass a PFA/PRT, so do well. The test isn't really hard

Beardog768

You should shoot for as high as you can score on every PRT/PFA. You need at least a "Good Low" for the mid-PFA, but the final PFA was generally everyone's best as candios. It's ran more like a standard Navy PRT/PFA -- in my experience they weren't really sharking us like they did on our first three PRTs. Make sure your form is good: a lot of people roll on the IST because they haven't been using good form. I noticed during my time aboard OCS fleeters are not immune to this because in the fleet they're not sticklers on form -- any vertical movement counts as a pushup; this is not so at OCS. A good bunch rolled because of bad form across the classes who came through during my time.

My worst PRT/PFA was the IST because you're so worn down the first few weeks there -- I think it was an "Excellent Low." However, I got "Outstanding Low" on my last. It depends on the person, but rolling on the out-PFA wasn't even a concern. You run so many at OCS, you'll be good by that point. Coming into OCS, make sure you're doing your best with good form. When you get to the fleet, officers have more authority and responsibility-- obviously-- and it frankly looks bad if you can barely pass a PFA/PRT, so do well. The test isn't really hard

Appreciate the response man. Definitely will keep working on that and shoot for the best. How many PFAs did you guys take? I ve been seeing three and four?