• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy OCS Fighter Pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

itszeejlo

Itszeejlo
Hey guys,

One of my friends who took the OCS route was just selected as an E-2C Hawkeye Pilot today. Congrats to him and wish him well! I am curious of how many OCS pilots have the chance of becoming a fighter pilot. It is my dream profession. I understand that it is a highly competitive slot to get. Do the academy and ROTC guys have a better shot at it? How does it work?

TheBirdy

pilot
From my understanding, needs of the Navy and how well you do academically during training is what selection is based on. Doesn't matter if you went through OCS, NROTC or Naval Academy.

Hint: Use the search function on the forum.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
giphy.gif

foxtrotter

You have the controls
None
Hey guys,

One of my friends who took the OCS route was just selected as an E-2C Hawkeye Pilot today. Congrats to him and wish him well! I am curious of how many OCS pilots have the chance of becoming a fighter pilot.

100% of OCS pilots have a chance of becoming a fighter pilot. Of course, that chance goes down by 75% if you're above 6'0 because everyone knows you can't be significantly taller than Tom Cruise and still be shit-hot. According to multiple verified sources, those SNAs who engaged in satanic rituals prior to selection increased their chances by a whopping 60% chance compared to peers who only relied on things like NSS and timing. Finally, studies have shown that those who asked a variant of "what percent get jets" have an exact 42% chance of becoming fighter pilots.

TXSooner07

None
0% if you're too big or too small. From there, take a number between 0-100% and there's your answer. It is also 100% impossible to predict. And 0% of other people can predict for you.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Jordan Lo, welcome to the site. Please take a chance to use the search function. This question has been addressed 1000x.

Status
Not open for further replies.