• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy OCS class number

wantsomewings

In regards to your mailing address while you are at OCS what is your class number is? Or how do I find what it is? My husband just left for class date March 28th.....its a four digit number???

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
First calls home are Sunday, so if no one chimes in before that, you'll probably get a call then and he can tell you himself.

Oh, and make sure whatever you send him is plain and simple. He has to open mail in front of everyone to begin with, and packages in front of his Drill Instructor. You don't want him being the guy getting a box of candy...

Boomhower

Shoot, man, it's that dang ol' internet
None
haha I won't be sending any chocolates I will just keep it simple with the letters and thank you for the info!

Watch what you put in those letters, as well. He has no right to privacy while he is there. It's not unlike the teacher reading an 8th grade love note in front of the whole class.

Good luck while he's gone.

guywinters

Class Number?

My daughter also started OCS on March 28, 2010, but we did not receive a call. The only thing I need is the class number to write. I assume it is xx-10, but no idea what graduating class number (xx) it would be.

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
When he said first calls home are sunday, he meant after the first week. Expect one this sunday (but possible they may not get to use the phones then, apparently things have changed since I was there)

Jynx

*Placeholder*
Contributor
Often, it's on the 7th day, aka the first FULL Sunday there. Some classes didn't get them until the 2nd or 3rd Sunday though. Depends on a multitude of factors.

Great pieces of mailing advice include:
Keep it simple, plain, and on 8X11 or smaller paper.
For at least the first few weeks, don't put anything in it you don't want read to your entire class.
DO NOT SEND CANDY. (You will be made to eat it)
Do not send photos. The rumor was that a guy slightly before my time there got a pic of his wife baring all. The DI had him chuck it, and then told him, "Now just ask yourself who she got to take the picture."

guywinters

No call Sunday, no letter yet. While being patient we found the class number for March 28 is "Class 16-10". The Class number ends with G or H for the appropriate company, but it sounded likely that she'd be able to receive letters with just that class number. Not that she'll have time to read. (Writing makes me feel like I'm doing something.)

Looking at comments on NavyForMoms, it sounds like the class didn't get a chance to call home. Thanks much for the advice and encouragement.

guywinters

Thanks for all of your info. My daughter got a short call in yesterday (her second Sunday), and then a letter arrived today! With your help (and NavyforMoms & NavyDads) we were able to send several letters (she's only received the first, so far), and we were less anxious than last August, when her younger brother reported to Great lakes.