• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy OCS Chances

pnorton65

Hello Air Warriors,

I'm just starting to work with a Navy Recruiter in regards to applying for Navy OCS. Here is my profile:

GPA = 2.83 (I know its not very good, I'm not going to let it stop me)

School = Massachusetts Maritime Academy (Regimental Cadet)

Major = Marine Safety and Environmental Protection

My dream is to fly, my father is a pilot and I've been wanting his job ever since. I respect the idea YOU ARE NOT GOING TO KNOW UNLESS YOU APPLY!!! I completely support it and I'm going to keep applying till I get a result that I'm in favor of or when I pass the age limit, which ever comes first. In the situation I'm in, what advice can anyone give me. I have not taken the ASTB (currently studying).

pnorton65

Thanks Dangy,

What ASTB Score would you recommend I aim for in order to offset my GPA (assuming that it is not competitive).

Knightsnation

Knightsnation
Hello Air Warriors,

I'm just starting to work with a Navy Recruiter in regards to applying for Navy OCS. Here is my profile:

GPA = 2.83 (I know its not very good, I'm not going to let it stop me)

School = Massachusetts Maritime Academy (Regimental Cadet)

Major = Marine Safety and Environmental Protection

My dream is to fly, my father is a pilot and I've been wanting his job ever since. I respect the idea YOU ARE NOT GOING TO KNOW UNLESS YOU APPLY!!! I completely support it and I'm going to keep applying till I get a result that I'm in favor of or when I pass the age limit, which ever comes first. In the situation I'm in, what advice can anyone give me. I have not taken the ASTB (currently studying).
I recommend you search around the site. There is a whole forum on the ASTB. Search function is your friend.

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
Thanks Dangy,

What ASTB Score would you recommend I aim for in order to offset my GPA (assuming that it is not competitive).

80/9/9/9 ain't too shabby. Best way to think about your package is how you can convince a couple of senior officers who doesn't know anything about you other than your numbers, experience, letter of recommendations and motivational statement to give you a chance. Just because you want to do what your dad did doesn't make you more competitive than someone who is trying to become a Naval Officer. Remember, we aren't just pilots, we are officers first. So put that into consideration for your package.

pnorton65

Damn,

Looks like I wont have a life for three months, but I want it badly so Ill keep studying. Thanks for your support everyone.