• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy NFO to Marine NFO

Status
Not open for further replies.

lecolin

I'm new to this forum, although I signed up last year, so hello to all.

I'm a prior enlisted Marine, who is now an Ensign SNFO in intermediate. I am looking into any information on transferring from the Navy to the Marine Corps as an NFO. I read about the SNA Navy to Marine transfer stuff, but does anyone have any advice or information on an SNFO or NFO transferring from the Navy to the Marine Corps? I am open to getting my wings first, then going to TBS, however the progression would need to happen. I was quite disheartened when the Marines told me I was too old to go Marine Aviation when I signed up back in March 2002. The Navy had no problem giving me an age waiver.

Have any other NFOs done this before? Any advice from anyone?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Transfer

lecolin said:
I'm new to this forum, although I signed up last year, so hello to all.

I'm a prior enlisted Marine, who is now an Ensign SNFO in intermediate. I am looking into any information on transferring from the Navy to the Marine Corps as an NFO. I read about the SNA Navy to Marine transfer stuff, but does anyone have any advice or information on an SNFO or NFO transferring from the Navy to the Marine Corps? I am open to getting my wings first, then going to TBS, however the progression would need to happen. I was quite disheartened when the Marines told me I was too old to go Marine Aviation when I signed up back in March 2002. The Navy had no problem giving me an age waiver.

Have any other NFOs done this before? Any advice from anyone?
If it's advice that you're soliciting, stay Navy. Every aviator that I know who has had prior time in the USMC is glad that they're in the Navy now. Be patient and wait until you're through with TRACOM. As I'm sure you know, the real Navy is a far cry from TRACOM. I've done deployments to USMC bases (Iwakuni) and the lifestyle and the amount that people f*ck with you is unimaginable. It's worse than the boat. Just my 2 cents.

Brett

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Iwakuni is a deployment site, not something you chose or shop for.

lecolin

Thanks for the advice, Brett. I'll give the fleet a fair shake before I decide. My eventual goal is to apply to the astronaut program as a mission commander, so the Navy will be better in getting to that goal. Off to VAW-120 to fly the E-2C for me from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.