• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Light Helo Squadron

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopkins

Appliying for SNA and thinking about helos. Can somebody tell me about light v. regular helo squadrons in the USN. Whats the deployment and training like? How do the two differ? Recomendations??? Thanks...

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
Well Mari and Gator can give some better gauge about HS Vs HSL then I can. Since there out in the fleet and I still flying the mighty th-57. But the primary difference between HS and HSL is what you are flying off of. HS fly off an aircraft carrier and deploy as an entire squadron. They also fly two different helos the foxtrot and the Hotel. The foxtrot can be used for anti sub warfare, and the hotel is used primarily for combat search and rescue and for special warfare missions. For HSLs you deploy as a small det usually one or two aircraft. They fly the 60 bravo. They do all kinds of different stuff. That’s the basics I sure that gator and Mari can expound on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.