• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy HR Contacting IRR Folks...

Sam I am

Average looking, not a farmer.
pilot
Contributor
Okay...I've gotten two emails in the last two weeks from Big Navy HR inquiring if I'm interested in drilling again... Anyone else getting pinged?

hscs

pilot
Okay...I've gotten two emails in the last two weeks from Big Navy HR inquiring if I'm interested in drilling again... Anyone else getting pinged?
What type of drilling - @ a NOSC or a hardware unit?

I get...weekly emails or so. I think every recruiter has access to the info for people who are IRR, and send out those emails. I can now judge the competency of the recruiter by those form emails. Some are pretty good, others make me think of 'ol Gil from Glengary Glenross. Anyway, I haven't noticed an uptick, so maybe you just made the mailing list?

subreservist

Depending on your situation and employer flexibility, it might be worth your while to consider SELRES. They are also also "giving" out affiliation bonuses to critical enlisted and officer ratings/designators. For officers, it is typically $10K (of course, the tax man will do his part!) for a 3 year drilling commitment. It's all spelled out in NAVADMIN 165/13 for officers (the enlisted has a couple of different messages), but they can all be searched pretty easy on Bupers (you can google the navadmin I listed). I got this bonus after returning from my break in service and I've already completed my obligation; it goes quick and with the troop drawdown, now might be the right time for those on the fence.

As we speak, I'm on AT right now in Naples and getting the chance to see Rome...something I may never had done on my own dime...so there are definitely perks!

Sam I am

pilot
Contributor
As near as I can tell, it's generic recruiting email. They didn't know anything about me when I spoke to them on the phone. I'm not interested in drilling, but if another O-4 goes to the trouble of contactingme and asking for a moment of my time...well, conversations are free. I think they are looking for medical personnel for my local NOSC. That CO and I flew in the same unit, but she said there wasn't anything there if you weren't medical. They need dentists and docs like crazy.

I got the bonus the first time around after my 9 yrs active duty. Did 5 yrs Sel-Res and just did my first IRR year. O-5 results post this week or next (I think based on the dates). My ability to return Sel-Res will depend largely on the board. If I make...I have to go through apply...if I don't make it, returning to a drilling status gets a lot easier. Not that I want to right now: wife in grad school, two small children and making some serious bank (double my O-4 pay). If I were to return to a drilling status would I get another bonus? Not sure on that one...

I did meet an Intel Chief this past weekend and he's been on ADSW for the last 8 years!! He must be pretty important to pull ADSW that many times. I knew a guy who strung together 4 and that was the record that I knew about. 8?! Not bad for knocking the retirement benefits age below 60!

Sam I am

pilot
Contributor
Thanks...and the results are in...Negative. I don't think promotion boards like IRR. I knew that when I made my decision, so...that's life. Three of my SEL-RES buds made it though. Congrats to all who made it.

Sam I am

pilot
Contributor
Thought I would update regarding the promo...I wasn't on this years board. I had a six month break in service from when I went Active to Sel-Res. So...next year will be my first look. I'm not optimistic since my last FITREP will be that much more stale. Oh well...

And I haven't received any HR correspondence in the last 6 months.

rotorhead1871

UH-1N.....NAS Agana, Guam....circa 1975
pilot
that is good news......that means billets are open!!......go for get a nice doable PAY billet and enjoy!!.....get the cash...get the points......fun ACDUTRA.......

go for it!!

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
Rumor de jour from all the Selres guys here in airline world is that guys are dropping like flies into IRR due to the number of 12 month vacations being handed out. Any troof to that? If so, that is a real shame and a failure of reserve leadership, IMO. Yes, the law protects your jobby job, but you can't tell me that the guy at the desk next to yours won't get the promotion/extra opportunity that you should be competing for because there is a good chance that you may leave your employer hanging for a year or so. Thoughts?

rotorhead1871

UH-1N.....NAS Agana, Guam....circa 1975
pilot
As near as I can tell, it's generic recruiting email. They didn't know anything about me when I spoke to them on the phone. I'm not interested in drilling, but if another O-4 goes to the trouble of contactingme and asking for a moment of my time...well, conversations are free. I think they are looking for medical personnel for my local NOSC. That CO and I flew in the same unit, but she said there wasn't anything there if you weren't medical. They need dentists and docs like crazy.

I got the bonus the first time around after my 9 yrs active duty. Did 5 yrs Sel-Res and just did my first IRR year. O-5 results post this week or next (I think based on the dates). My ability to return Sel-Res will depend largely on the board. If I make...I have to go through apply...if I don't make it, returning to a drilling status gets a lot easier. Not that I want to right now: wife in grad school, two small children and making some serious bank (double my O-4 pay). If I were to return to a drilling status would I get another bonus? Not sure on that one...

I did meet an Intel Chief this past weekend and he's been on ADSW for the last 8 years!! He must be pretty important to pull ADSW that many times. I knew a guy who strung together 4 and that was the record that I knew about. 8?! Not bad for knocking the retirement benefits age below 60!

DUDE:

You are looking good!......O4's get pay billets....O5's picking is very thin....with 9 years AD....you WANT to get the good 20......9 years is about 22.5% right there.....which is a nice monthly at 60...

go get em/