• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Flight Officer

Status
Not open for further replies.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A million years ago when I started NFO training we got them when we drew our flight gear. After all, it has your blood type and which flavor of padre to call if you screw the pooch. It was always required for flight, I'm sure it still is. Heck, I wear my old tag when I fly volunteer missions for the local Sheriff's Office.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fezz CB said:
Uh....was that like a "Uhh, hello" YES? Or a "Uhh, hello" NO? If yes, when do we get those issued to us?
Well, I got mine in boot camp, then again in OCS. I'm sure they'll offer them to you at some point. They are technically a required item for flight, but I only really wear them during operational flights.

Brett

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Kept one in my boot laces so I always had one. When on operational flights I'd put the other around my neck as well.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Got mine right before starting API. They are still a required piece of flight gear.

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
as fighter pilot, i only wear my dogtags when i'm out playing shirtless beach volleyball in my blue jeans and aviator sunglasses ...

on a more serious (and random) note, back in the day when i was enlisted, i had a female acquaintance that liked me to wear my dogtags when we had sex, very strange but i was always happy to oblige

nowadays, i only wear them on a friday nite at the O club, it's one of several other items, including sqd t-shirt, sqd coin, among others, required in order not to buy somebody a beer if you don't have in your possession.

S/F

rjack14

F/A-18F WSO (FRS)
None
I am in intermediate right now for NFO. The jet situation is good now, they were saying oh crap we have too many people so they cut it back. Now its oh crap we don't have enough roll everyone forward. You order dog tags in the A-pool (before API). Its a required item to wear but never had anyone ask me if I had them. My class had one panel nav slot. Money wise I had 2 yrs prior and am almost at my 3 yr mark and looking at $48K for pay. Another thing to realize is that a lot of our pay is not taxable and we get a lot of benefits like medical (I know, navy medicine hahaha), so I prob make the equiv of close to $60k in the civi world. Recruiters are there to recruit people, when I enlisted they told me ot lie on a few things so I did. When I got to boot camp they made me sign a paper saying my recruiter didn't tell me to lie, funny huh?
Anyways I am loving the aviation life. Yeah we got to study a bit, but if your not flying or in ground school your not going in. And not many people can say they burn a thousand bucks of tax payer dollars almost every week in jet fuel.

P.S. Dude every squadron here at Pensacola has its own bar in the hangers. That saves you about $50 every friday night.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
Brett327 said:
Well, I got mine in boot camp, then again in OCS. I'm sure they'll offer them to you at some point. They are technically a required item for flight, but I only really wear them during operational flights.

Brett

Grazie Brett! :D

Well my recruiter said they accepted my medical packet to review for a waver. He said that was a good sign. How long does it generally take to get a waver at that point?

Has anybody heard of a NFO who's had open heart surgery? My parents INCIST that it’s the most preposterous thing they have heard of before. When I was 12 I had the surgery to correct a heart murmur. Since I have run thousands of miles and weight train like a mofo. The docotors say I'm in perfect if not better than perfect condition. And with all of my personal training I'm in potent shape but yet have the papers looming over my head. What do you guys think?

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think your parents probably "insist".

odds are no one here can give you a yes or no. use your recruiter.

wusappenin

None
i think you should talk to nomi, not us. i doubt anyone here is a flight doc so all the info you get here is just gouge. talk to those who actually have a say in granting waivers.

IFT2O

Drinkin' Beer w/ your mom
wusappenin said:
i think you should talk to nomi, not us. i doubt anyone here is a flight doc so all the info you get here is just gouge. talk to those who actually have a say in granting waivers.

I could be a flight doc, "dude here is some 800MG Motrin, take it and we'll get that waiver through for ya! It should clear up anything else you've got too, Syph, Clap, Cancer" Friggin' Miracle Drug!

Geese

You guys are dangerous.
IFT2O said:
I could be a flight doc, "dude here is some 800MG Motrin, take it and we'll get that waiver through for ya! It should clear up anything else you've got too, Syph, Clap, Cancer" Friggin' Miracle Drug!
You forgot to drink water. Water+motrin=cure-all.

Status
Not open for further replies.