• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Federal, and Credit Card Checks.

phrogpilot73

Because the date written on it was before the account was closed.
This appears to be the biggest loophole that must be closed. What's to prevent her from writing a check dated before the account was closed further on down the line? If it was me, I'd suck up the $226 - but put a stop payment (if you can) on all other conveinence checks. That way, she can't keep doing it.

MasterBates

Phrog, I went round and around with NFCU.. They basically told me "Tough Cookies" as I knew she was abusing that loophole..

She does have legal action pending due to that though :D

MasterBates

Oh, this just got a lot better.

I got my May statement, showing $300ish balance, with $0.00 due on 6 June, due to a LARGE payment/balance transfer I made.

I got my June statement in the mail yesterday, showing $20.00 past due. Call NFCU, go WTF!! At them.

They say it's OK, its just a computer error, but they can see that the mailed statement and online were both showing $0.00 due, as it should have been.

I got called FIVE times by NFCU collection agents and told I need to take care of this "Or it WILL affect your credit". Due to ground school, I had no time to talk to the ass-clowns.

Call ass clowns when I get back to the trailer park. Talk to a lady in collections, who basically goes "yeah, sure it said $0 due", then she looks. Passes me to a manager. Hold 10 min. He says, "yeah this should NOT be in collection, but you need to pay by the XXth or your credit will take a hit due to our automated systems".

They then pass me to Credit Card Services.. Still on hold. Still "have to pay or else"

Does anyone know the number of a higherup at NFCU. This is fvcking retarded. I have been jumping through hoops, eating ramen, and living in trailers in the past 9 months keeping my bills up to date, so my credit does not get jacked.

And the bank's 3 departments, (online bill pay, credit card services, and collections) don't even know what the other is doing.

MasterBates

Another update:

On hold again.. The Customer Service rep who I spoke to said "I can't do anything about it, but I can connect you to a supervisor"

Which he did. A fine upstanding member of the Filipino Mafia who sounds like she was playing smiles in Olangapo last night (ie, broken english, barely understandable).

I have to explain EVERYTHING to her (even though the account was "notated"). She tells me, I can't do anything, its collections issue.

I am now on hold with collections. With a "supervisor" who barely speaks engrish (she sounds Japanese). Again, had to explain EVERYTHING. Notated my ass.

Does Navy Fed want my business or NOT? I'm thinking not..

If only USAA had branches I could walk into and get a cashiers check RIGHT NOW, I would be banking with them.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You should write/call Cutler Dawson (VADM ret.) who is the CEO of Navy Fed. I shit you not, and let him know your issue. I don't know if they'll let you talk to him, but I'd be persistent.

MasterBates

2:55 and I just got a supervisor to say "It was Navy Fed's messup, you are NOT late" and send email to that point..

They blamed the crappy customer service on collections being partialy outsourced.

Anyways, the lady I talked to when i DEMANDED SOMEONE WHO SPEAKS ENGLISH (Ms. Moody), is looking into the Convienence Check issue and thinks I should not be responsible for checks written on a closed account (NO SHIT!)

What kills me, is it took 2:55 to handle it..

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You should write/call Cutler Dawson (VADM ret.) who is the CEO of Navy Fed. I shit you not, and let him know your issue. I don't know if they'll let you talk to him, but I'd be persistent.

Their HQ is only about 15 minutes from my house, you want me stop by and say hi for you? ;)

phrogpilot73

My Dad's classmate from the Academy (also a retired VADM) is the former Chief Operating Officer for Navy Fed, and retired a mere 6 months ago. He might be able to help out if you want... If nothing else, I'm sure some people there still know him.

He's a great guy (for a SWO :D) - As a plebe, he insisted on swapping shoulderboards with me for Army-Navy, so I was running around like an idiot wearing 2 stars...

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Dude... pull chocks on NFCU. No bank is worth that amount of trouble. Find a local bank that has no connections to your ex, and use that for whatever in person services you need.

MasterBates

Getting out of NFCU has been in progress mostly as a result of this fiasco.

Checking accounts are closed and transferred to Bank of America, and as soon as my credit cards with them are paid off, they will be closed as well.

I'm stuck with them holding the mortgage on the ex's house (that I still pay) until she gets around to refinancing or sells the place.

Looking at transferring my auto loans to BOA or USAA, but the rates were so low when I bought them, I don't think they will be able to beat the rates I am paying now.

This current fiasco is why I financed my RV with USAA vice NFCU. Over giving me the runaround and cashing checks on a closed acccount, they will lose out on $9K worth of interest over the life of the loan.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
MB... I'd stay away from BOA.

They have been screwing my wife and I over for the past 6 or 7 months. They took over her credit card company, and she closed the account with an outstanding balance. Of course, we continued to pay off the bill. Sometime about October, they lost a few of our checks, and refused to take the online payments. We are now in the process of attempting to settle the account with Family Support Center's debt management people. BOA accepted the proposal the the FSC drew up, and the money started coming out of my pay as an allotment. The kicker is that even though they are accepting the payments (we can only assume), we keep getting bills saying that no payments have posted on the account since October and that we owe them about an 8k minimum payment.

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
Usaa An Navy Federal

Over the years I found that it is beneficial to have Navy Fed and USAA. When You are deployed most bases over seas have a NFCU branch right on base. With USAA you can do everything online with no hassle. However, it is good to know that if you want to go into an office for anything it is available. Also USAA hates it when you mention NFCU to them. So if you are going to get a loan for something or a new credit card, tell USAA that NFCU offered you X rate( for ex. I told USAA Navy fed offered me 5.3%, but NFCU really offered me 5.5%, and USAA counter offered and gave me 4.95% new car loan) they will almost always tell you to hold on and then beat the NFCU rate. I did this with my last car loan, and a few other things. Plus I have added my NFCU account to USAA and my USAA account to my NFCU, I can transfer funds back and fourth, which helps if you invest.