• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Enlisted to Marine Officer... is it possible?

ButterBarWannaB

LN2 (FC2) at Newport NAVSTA in RI
Hi everyone,

I am currently deployed at Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq, so my resources are very limited. I am active duty Navy, and am interested in applying for a Marine officer program. Is that possible? Is there an instruction or a good point of contact someone can refer me to? This place is run by the Army :icon_rage so I have no access to any Navy/Marine career counselors.

Any help would be appreciated!!! :D

r,
CEW

pittflyer

This is why I can't get into Grad School
pilot
I don't have a contact for you, but I think that its possible. A long time ago, one of my roomates at OCS was an Enlisted Marine that went Navy Officer. I think they would do the receip of that? Someone more knowledgeable will chime in soon. (p.s. your Marines are probably going, "WTF?" Yeah, he caught more **** the average bear for that.)

etnuclearsailor

STA 21 Nuclear OC
If you already have a degree, you can apply to any OCS you like. You could also apply for an NROTC Marine Option scholarship. For the latter, you would be discharged.
According to the XO of the NROTC unit here, one sailor each year in the STA 21 program goes to Bulldog and gets switched to the USMC option. It's easier to do if you're in the core program of STA 21, but it's not impossible for anyone in a target option (even nuke!).

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
My OSO did exactly that that. Hit up marineofficer.com and try to get in touch with an OSO near where you're based stateside. He'll be able to point you in the right direction based on your situation.

Ex Rigger

pilot
At my unit we had a Marine switch to the Navy and we had a Navy guy switch to the Marines. So....it can be done.

aviatorMatt

My OSO was a prior Navy and decided that OCS for the Marines was more fitting him. So he graduated from college and went to OCS