• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy EMT Course

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
I'll keep this short---does NH Pensacola offer an EMT-B course? If so, is it restricted to medical personnel only, or may non-medical personnel take the course on a space available basis? Thanks.

lmnop

Most Naval Hospitals used to put on EMT-B and EVOC courses a few times a year, not sure if that's still the case since many ambulance services are now being contracted out. Give the NAVHOSP training department a call, explain your situation and see what they can hook you up with. Although not at Pensacola, I've gotten non-medical guys into EMT-B, WEMT, etc at various locations just by sweet talking the training guys. Treat the Docs well and they'll generally help you out if they can.

sickboy

pilot
What are the requirements for Navy EMT? I only ask because I'm a civilian EMT-P and a former HN. If I wanted to run on a base ambulance would I have to take the course again?

Pat_Lucas

Dumb New Guy
Contributor
I know that the naval hospital at Cherry Point, offered them twice a year. Most of us CFR guys got it, and quite a few other marines went too. The cert transfered to the civilian sector too. Not sure about P-cola though.

McBuff

Sees the light
Anyone know about reciprocity from New York to say Florida or NREMT?

NREMT makes reciprocity relatively easy. If you're registry, you can just take the FL written. I believe this applies to all levels. Without registry you would have to retake the EMT-B/I/P course.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
If I remember correctly, if you are a NYS EMT you can take the NREMT test. If you are a -B you need to take the FL test regardless, but I believe FL accepts NREMT-P certs without having to take the state test.

Now if you want to go TO New York, you have two options: Use your NREMT cert to enroll in a refresher course (sucks) or test for a cert from a state that has reciprocity with NY, and then submit the reciprocity paperwork to the NYS DOH.

And be advised that if you're an EMT-CC you will be dropped to EMT-I protocols. In FL, you'll be a B.