• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Crew in Aceh

Status
Not open for further replies.

snow85

Come on, the FBI would have given him twins!
This photo made the front page of the Houston Chronicle today. The article was about the current President Bush's, the former President Bush's, and President Clinton's aid efforts, so I won't post it unless someone requests it.

Thanks for all you do guys, it doesn't go unnoticed; very cool that you made the front page.
-------

Attachments

• navy crew with txt.JPG
    navy crew with txt.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 132

helmet91

contemplating applying again...
what ratings normally fill aircrew positions such as these?

i'm just exploring options incase the whole commissioning route doesn't work out for me...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Aircrew

helmet91 said:
what ratings normally fill aircrew positions such as these?

i'm just exploring options incase the whole commissioning route doesn't work out for me...
All the HS/HSL (SH-60) crewmen are SAR AWs. The HC type helos have crew from the other aircrew source rates (AE/AT/AO/AM/AD).

GED

hornetframer

Rhino WSO
None
You also have aircrew billets in P-3s and E-6s. They are AWs and flight engineers. The flight engineers are usually aviation maintenance rates (AE/AT/AO/AM/AD), but I could be wrong. I would recommend that if you do go the enlisted route, try to get an aircrew school included in your contract. I am not sure if you can get a flight engineer school before having some time in.

helmet91

contemplating applying again...
thanks for the info... I figured there would be maintenance rates- I wasn't sure what the AW rate's exact role was.

Currently I'm an undesignated airman (E-3) in the Reserves (been in for just over two years)- so I'm exploring my options while awaiting final word on my OCS application. I'm also waiting on a conversion package for IS to go through...

IF I decide to go active duty enlisted I want to be doing something worthwhile and hopefully make use of the education I owe lots of money for. Aircrew or IS would be great... My Office Space job is getting old and the job market for Poli Sci majors is thing. Being a drilling reservist sucks- seeing pictures of the work these guys are doing (along with everything else the past 3+ years) makes me want get out there even more...

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
hornetframer said:
You also have aircrew billets in P-3s and E-6s. They are AWs and flight engineers. The flight engineers are usually aviation maintenance rates (AE/AT/AO/AM/AD), but I could be wrong. I would recommend that if you do go the enlisted route, try to get an aircrew school included in your contract. I am not sure if you can get a flight engineer school before having some time in.

There are CT aircrew as well, but that is a much more specialized, and less glamorous, route. The mission aircrew in EP-3's were not AW's but AE's and AT's. Additionally, PR's can be FE's as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.