• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy College Partnership (split from Urban Legends thread)

twidget

Deskaholic
Crowbar said:
There are a few diploma mills that will give you a few credits for your training. I went through avionics training (some of the most technical training besides nuke people can get) and SUI gave me a whopping 27 credit hours when I became an inspector. 27 whole hours. That's just a little short of an English class and a few electives. The CC I went to gave me 6 hours. When I went to a 'real' university, I got around 2 hours. (See, I also have experience with this.)

OK, I'll throw in my 2 cents as well. I first used the credit I was awarded for being an ET, along with 1 correspondence course, and about 5 CLEP tests to earn an Associates Degree from the University of Phoenix (maybe a diploma mill, but it still gave me points toward advancement). Years later, I enrolled at ODU (not a diploma mill) and received credit for all my lower level technical requirements through the Navy College Partnership Program. Combined with the 3 or 4 CLEPs they accepted, I ended up taking about 25 classes to earn my BS.

Check out the https://www.navycollege.navy.mil/storefront.cfm

Now, if only they'd let me take the Engineering Management Masters program even though it's only for Nuke officers. ;)