• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Bombs Guam With Dead Mice

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
Now we'll introduce the Plague to Guam while reducing the snake population

Angels

Contributor
Hahaha. "Cardboard wings and green party streams".
I really wish they had a picture of that! I can't quite picture what that would look like. Did they glue those on?? Question- won't that kill all of the snakes there? And any animal that eats meat for that matter. Yeah, it said it kills the snakes, but did they test it on all of the carnivorous animals?! Sounds like they maybe making a whole other problem...

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
I say good riddance. Partly because they are an invasive non-native species anyway, but mostly because I just !@$#%ing hate brown tree snakes.

I've stepped on cottonmouths and stumbled upon rattlesnakes and none of them were nearly as mean as the damn Guamanian tree snake that decided my nose wheel well was a good place to nest. All I did was shine a light down there and the frackin' snake shot out at me. That's the last time I'm checking the refer turbine oil levels!

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Question- won't that kill all of the snakes there? And any animal that eats meat for that matter.

There are only two species of snakes that live on the island, Brown Tree Snakes and Blind Snakes. Blind Snakes are about the size of a worm and are too small to even eat prey the size of a mouse. As for the other carnivorous animals on the island eating the poison, I sure hope that have taken that into consideration.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I really wish they had a picture of that! I can't quite picture what that would look like. Did they glue those on?? Question- won't that kill all of the snakes there? And any animal that eats meat for that matter. Yeah, it said it kills the snakes, but did they test it on all of the carnivorous animals?! Sounds like they maybe making a whole other problem...
The article says that the mice are drugged with Tylenol, which apparently kills snakes. News to me. So unless Fluffy has a raging catnip hangover, seems that they've picked a poison that will have minimal effect.