• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Baccalaureate Degree Completion Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFisher

Cessna 152 Ace
I posted something in the NROTC forum about this but.. how is BDCP Vs. NROTC? I mean I like the NROTC program a lot (not in yet) but I LOVE the job guarentee that BDCP offers. Which should I do?

Enishi1983

Solid Snake
sorry caruzzo that i have to change your subject for a second...

i just talked to a lt in the GW nrotc department, and she told me that in BDCP, even if you mess up, you are not obligated to enlist. is that true? many people have told me that if a person screws up in the BDCP program, you have to enlist for 3 years. thanx in advance

NuSnake

well, its really up to the Navy, but they have the option of sending you to bootcamp if they want too.I know some guys whove had to go because they, well, sucked.

swannms14

Hello, This is my first posting. I'm putting in my application for the BDCP within the next week hopefully. Anything you guys have to say about the program would be helpful.

swannms14

I'm curious about any opinions about my chances of getting picked up for a BDCP-SNA slot. 3.65 GPA, double major in Aerospace Flight Operations and Criminal Justice. Already Dean's List three semester's running. Let me know. Thanks.

jdm

If your OCS date doesn't immediatly follow graduation, say a few months, what do they do with you? Do you work at the recruiter's office or do they just tell you to sit tight until you class up?

ejozefow

What does it mean when it says one will be on active duty? Does that if I am in the program and I am in college that I can get called to War before I graduate? Also is Business Managemnet from Purdue University a techinical Degree?

KurnlReb

Active duty means you will be entitled to all applicable pay, allowances, and benefits, including time in service which applies toward your eligibility for retirement. If you're a full-time student you will most likely not be called to war. However, there is nothing which provides you with an exemption from being shipped off to serve. Active reservists are called in before pulling students from school. The Inactive Ready Reserve (IRR) is also considered depending on the time lapsed since their separation from active duty. I separated in June 2001 and received a letter asking for my voluntary return after the events of 9/11. As far as the Business Management degree...it's not a technical degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.