• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Apparel

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you are in the NROTC in PA, talk to one of your Advisors and ask them to order them for you.....of course you will have to pay for them.

-ea6bflyr ;)

phrogpilot73

When you get to OCS, how much do you spend on uniforms approx?
One million dollars... Mua, ha, ha...

DrEvil.JPG

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
When you get to OCS, how much do you spend on uniforms approx?

After all the supplies, uniforms and other assorted crap for inspections, I tallied up like 2500 bucks. Got reimbursed for 1300 of it. (this included uniforms, uniform items, candidate and ENS insignia, nasty candidate working khakis, inspection items X3/4 since I had to reinspect twice) so plan on spending quite a bit of money. Many spent less than this, many spent more. Keep in mind I also went with Abbotts and not the standard NEX uniforms.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
If you can use the NEX online... they have it all. If you want the "uniform" sewats... its like $14 a set for pants or hoodie... I know cause the girls always like to steal those... I think they're god awful, but the Chica's like to take em from me...

My God....this is absolutely true. Mine are all gone and 2 different G/Fs have taken them all. But then again, they took all my good sweats too!

schwarti

Contributor
For those pre-OCS post-select candidates who aren't within striking range of a base, you should be able to log into the NEX online with your SSN/DOB.

If you reeeeally wanted to be like a certain illustrious blogger, you could order E-5 uniforms and pretend to be an enlisted guy... I wonder what happened to that guy anyway.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I thought he went to Army OCS like all the other Navy OCS attrites and failures. Although last we heard he attrited out of there too for PT....fvcking loser...

red_ryder

None
Oh yeah "The Sarge", right? I read his blog before, it was hilarious. Are you really even effectively an E-5? I didn't think you could actually use any of your ''powers" yet. I DID know that it wasn't a good idea to try.

schwarti

Contributor
Some guy who enlisted in the Navy Reserves, then enlisted active duty, then went to OCS and DOR'd, went Army OCS and failed their in-PRT. Somewhere in there he also decided to enlist in the Coast Guard and the Marines. He maintained a pretty hilarious blog that included a picture of him dressed as an Army Sgt. (because as an OC, he was paygrade E-5, and so assumed that he was a Sgt.) That picture was actually after he was sent home from Army OCS. His blog is gone now... vanished just after it was linked on AW.