• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Aircraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

My question is regarding Navy aircraft that I see, but do not see in the pipeline information. I live in Virginia Beach and often visit Oceana and occasionaly NOB. When I am there on several occasions I have seen several passanger planes, with NAVY painted on the sides. They appeared to be something along the lines of a 727. There are some smaller ones that resemble a king air, but I do not think they are T-44s. Does anyone know what they might be, and who piolots them.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Jeff, the Navy has a bunch of C12s up there that they use to transport around people, don't really know about the other planes, just heard about the C12s from an instructor who had been up there flying them.

Dave Shutter

The Navy also operates C-9B's, a version of the DC-9, which is probably the airliner you saw. Unless it had four engines and then it was probably the E6. I met one of the C-9 pilot at the show where the Tomcat crashed. I said that I've never heard of a C-9 RAG, and he said they're operated by reserves.

The Navy also operates C-20 & C-40's (which are Gulfstreams) for executive transports, as well as the CT-39 Sabreliner (similiar to a Lear) and the UC-12 Huron, which is a twin prop similiair to the T-44, but looks a bit larger from the pictures I have.

D

Status
Not open for further replies.