• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navigator to NFO

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Just poking fun a your
In IFR/undercast conditions, it was always a great relief to get that Ramey tacan lockon. :D After all, no one wanted to be that guy who MISSED PUERTO RICO!:eek:
But yeah, you did okay for a single seat winnie. :cool:

And you did damn good in the raining death and destruction part of the job!

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think you're looking at this the wrong way. Nobody at Bupers is saying, "man, we're hurting for qualified navs, where can we find some?" It's a matter of needing bodies in a designator/YG or not. Theyre picking you up to be a career Navy officer, not a navigator.

If you were already qualified in a T/M/S the Navy flies and they could send you directly to the FRS - like the Army H-60 bubbas who check in here occasionally - that'd be different. But our Herks don't have NFOs, so really you're just like any other prior-service guy applying to be a 1320.

In other words, your big hurdle is going to be getting in to the Navy, not which platform you'll wind up flying.

LostNav

"shutup Nav!"
The recruiter that I'm working with has his hands full with my situation. He has been bounced around. He said that no one has said "No" they have just said, "I can't help you, try calling..." We'll see what happens. I'll sit here with my fingers crossed and wait patiently.

exNavyOffRec

The recruiter that I'm working with has his hands full with my situation. He has been bounced around. He said that no one has said "No" they have just said, "I can't help you, try calling..." We'll see what happens. I'll sit here with my fingers crossed and wait patiently.

When I had a person that contacted me that wanted to do what you want to do Millington told me to have the individual contact them directly, I am sure someone here has the OCM's number so you can talk to them.