• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navfit98a - Does anybody have experience with this?

Pags

N/A
pilot
I think the US Navy is the only institution in the world that still uses floppy disks.

You can use geek sticks, but that's assuming the old ass computer you might be working on can use a geek stick...

It caused quite the stink at the squadron when we got all new computers...and since the computers were made within the past 10yrs, they didn't have floppy drives.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
It caused quite the stink at the squadron when we got all new computers...and since the computers were made within the past 10yrs, they didn't have floppy drives.

Yeah, but the new machines are actually fast and the USB ports work. I still shake my fist at NMCI w/ the best of them, but at least it doesn't take me 5 minutes to log in followed by 5 minutes to startup Outlook anymore.

IrishEagle85

Resolution: I wasn't able to directly salvage the file. However, as I said previously I was able to open the file up through Microsoft Access and found all of the fitrep information in the "Reports" table. I hid all of the irrelevant columns, kept the Access screen open so I could quickly see what I scored each individual as, and copied/pasted the comments I had made. All in all, it took maybe an hour to salvage.

And I triple backed it up this time, thank you very much ;-)

Pags

N/A
pilot
Yeah, but the new machines are actually fast and the USB ports work. I still shake my fist at NMCI w/ the best of them, but at least it doesn't take me 5 minutes to log in followed by 5 minutes to startup Outlook anymore.

not complaining about the computing power...just laughing over the stink it caused when it was realized that no one had a 3.5in drive anymore.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
not complaining about the computing power...just laughing over the stink it caused when it was realized that no one had a 3.5in drive anymore.

I'm w/ you. I did the same thing in January. "Should I give you the write-up on disc?" "Um, no LT, we don't have disc drives anymore." "Ohhh, yeah..."

burningfeathers

Reading the grout jokes
I'm bringing this thread back to life because my department head and I are completely stumped......The summary group average that appears on an eval when on screen does not match the summary group average that appears when the eval is printed on paper. We've tried saving and closing the file (which has fixed the issue in the past) with no joy. I googled the problem and all the help I found either routed me to IT numbers/emails that no longer exist, or told me that the evals were created improperly which I know isn't true......any suggestions?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm bringing this thread back to life because my department head and I are completely stumped......The summary group average that appears on an eval when on screen does not match the summary group average that appears when the eval is printed on paper. We've tried saving and closing the file (which has fixed the issue in the past) with no joy. I googled the problem and all the help I found either routed me to IT numbers/emails that no longer exist, or told me that the evals were created improperly which I know isn't true......any suggestions?
The program has a few glitches like that, and the one that removes spaces during word wrap on the front side. How many reports are in your database? There could be a corrupted report in your database that's causing trouble. Try creating a new database and importing each report into the new database. Which summary group average is the correct one? Printed or displayed? Also make sure you validate each report and the entire folder.

Brett

burningfeathers

Reading the grout jokes
The program has a few glitches like that, and the one that removes spaces during word wrap on the front side. How many reports are in your database? There could be a corrupted report in your database that's causing trouble. Try creating a new database and importing each report into the new database. Which summary group average is the correct one? Printed or displayed? Also make sure you validate each report and the entire folder.

Brett
We have 11 reports in the folder in question (all other folders do not seem to have this problem). The average on the displayed evals is the correct one. I'll go about trying your ideas tomorrow. Thanks for the help!

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I think the US Navy is the only institution in the world that still uses floppy disks.

You can use geek sticks, but that's assuming the old ass computer you might be working on can use a geek stick...

Not to mention the 1970's era MU bricks we still painstakingly load on even older loaders for the older lot Hornets. I'm also pretty sure that there is ferrite core in our FCS computers. NBD