• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Naval Helicopter Association Members Reunion

Coroza512

NHA is holding its annual symposium in Norfolk this year in May. Our goal is to bring together old and new aviators alike so that we can get a better appreciation for our heritage as Naval helicopter pilots. I am looking for information on any Naval helicopter organizations that would be interested in participating. We have already gotten a hold of the HU-2 Fleet Angels and the HC-4 Stallions but we'd love a strong Frog and HSL presence as well. Admission, food and drinks would all be provided for at no cost for retired Naval helicopter pilots who would be willing to share some of their history with our younger generation. Please feel free to contact me at any time with questions.

LT Carlos Oroza
carlos.oroza@navy.mil

MasterBates

But the stories from VAW pilots turing circles at 24,000 ft are so much more exciting...!
More like "one time, during a low level over the blue ridge mountains, I scared the XO enough to make him stop bitching about doing pilot training missions.

Low levels in the Hummer were pretty fun.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk

Coroza512

NHA is holding its annual symposium in Norfolk this year in May. Our goal is to bring together old and new aviators alike so that we can get a better appreciation for our heritage as Naval helicopter pilots. I am looking for information on any Naval helicopter organizations that would be interested in participating. We have already gotten a hold of the HU-2 Fleet Angels and the HC-4 Stallions but we'd love a strong Frog and HSL presence as well. Admission, food and drinks would all be provided for at no cost for retired Naval helicopter pilots who would be willing to share some of their history with our younger generation. Please feel free to contact me at any time with questions.

LT Carlos Oroza
carlos.oroza@navy.mil

Update for anyone that is interested, the website for the NHA symposium should be up and running soon. There are numerous events planned besides the members reunion to include: a future rotary lift brief, crossfit demos, 5k run, SPECOPS brief, innovations and technology brief and a large exhibit hall. Still looking for any HS/HSL/phrog organizations to extend invites to.

LT Carlos Oroza
carlos.oroza@navy.mil

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
The real question is - is the members' reunion being held at NOB again? NOB has some definite advantages:
  • everyone has to find DDs
  • It's a quick 15 minute drive there from downtown. Without traffic
  • Have to drive back
  • I hear MWR's catering prices are really cheap :D
Or, you know, have it at a bar downtown. I'm sure one of them on Granby wouldn't mind a guaranteed profit on a Monday night.

phrogpilot73

Still looking for any HS/HSL/phrog organizations to extend invites to.
757-444-7818, press zero for the duty. They can forward you to CO/XO, and you can invite the last remaining Phrog squadron on the East Coast (conveniently located in bldg LF-60 on NOB).

Second that partying at NOB sucks.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Depending on how this pans out...I might be willing to go. Has anyone contacted HSM-40 or any of the HSM east squadrons about this?

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Your NHA reps should be getting names/numbers for NALO flights. If they aren't, ask them what's up.