• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"Naval Aviator Saves Life of Air Force Pilot in Horse-Back Riding Mishap"

BoaisyJon

Point of parliamentary procedure!
News 4 April 2008 Pensacola, Florida

"Naval Aviator Saves Life of Air Force Pilot in Horse-Back Riding Mishap"

An Air Force Pilot assigned to a local fighter wing narrowly escaped serious injury early Friday morning when attempting horseback riding at a local stable with no prior experience. He mounted the horse, unassisted, and the horse immediately began moving. As it galloped along at a steady pace, the pilot began to slip sideways from the saddle. Although attempting to grab for the horse's mane, the Lt. Col. (name withheld) could not get a firm grip. He then threw his arms around the horse's neck but continued to slide down the side of the horse. The horse galloped along, seemingly oblivious to its slipping rider. Finally, losing his grip, the Lt. Col. attempted to leap away from the horse and throw himself to safety, but his foot became entangled in the stirrup.

Moments from sliding under the horse, a United States Naval Aviator, also shopping at Wal-Mart, saw the Lt. Col. and unplugged the horse. The Naval Aviator continued shopping; the Air Force Pilot has been submitted for a Bronze Star.

forwarded from my dad, CDR, USN (Ret.)

SWCS242

SWO in-training
That was really funny, I sent it to my brother and uncle who are both AF. It's pay back for those Navy ones they have been sending me.