• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Naval aviation footage. Free conversion of VHS tapes and 8mm reels etc

Joe Kaposi

I'm an Aussie carrier vet, i collect carrier films as a hobby. I can convert VHS tapes onto DVD, and a retired USN vet friend in DC does all my 8mm, 16mm, BETA tapes etc. We both do this in order to get new stuff for our collections, plus at the same time we are preserving rare footage before it is trashed.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
What're your favorite videos so far? Any you can post here?
I love watching old carrier stuff, as well as gun camera footage from WW-2.
I actually use one to explain a torque stall to my nuggets...
Pickle

Last edited:

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I'd never noticed it before in that video, but you can see the guys parked in the left side jettison their canopies after the guy crashes right next to them. Real apparent in the longer video where you can see them in their jets as it happens. That must have been the scare of a lifetime.....I can't imagine

Joe Kaposi

Pickle

Pickle

I have hundreds of hours worth of carrier films, 8mm, video, PLAT, many mishaps. I trade by sending DVD's usually. Are you a navy guy?

BlkPny

pilot
I have several small reels of Super-8 movies I took in Viet Nam (air strikes, formation flying, grab-assing around the bunker, etc.). Unfortunately, no carrier stuff. My kids keep pestering me to have it converted to DVD. Someday I'll get off my butt and do it.

Joe Kaposi

I have several small reels of Super-8 movies I took in Viet Nam (air strikes, formation flying, grab-assing around the bunker, etc.). Unfortunately, no carrier stuff. My kids keep pestering me to have it converted to DVD. Someday I'll get off my butt and do it.
Email me at jkaposi@hotmail.com and we'll have a chat about your footage. Even though you have no carrier stuff my USN vet friend in DC may still be interested in doing your reels for you free of charge.

Joe Kaposi

My none I mean none, I never took any video. Sorry!
Pickle
OOPS OK then. Well let me know if you have any USN contacts who might have access to some mishap footage. There are a few barricade trap films i've been after for years without any luck. All my mishap collection is carrier stuff, so maybe nothing to help P-3 guys.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anybody got mine? I once took a cut in the wires, dribbled out of sight off the angle and then reappeared like the Space Shuttle in full AB climbing back into the plat camera's sight. August 11, 1971 aboard the USS Midway.

It was a crowd-pleaser when replayed for the rest of the cruise

Joe Kaposi

Anybody got mine? I once took a cut in the wires, dribbled out of sight off the angle and then reappeared like the Space Shuttle in full AB climbing back into the plat camera's sight. August 11, 1971 aboard the USS Midway.
I don't think i have that one otherwise i'd pass it on to you. Just to be sure, what type of aircraft?