• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Naval Aircraft and AOA

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
450px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg
As someone who flies an F model now and then, standardization is a good thing. Also, non-ACS aircraft are an abomination against god.

taxi1

pilot
1. I'm sure there's something I'm missing... but that appears to be a piss poor nose low recovery. I mean really bad. Can we delay a little longer?
I thought it looked good. They obviously meant to depart the plane, and look at the amount of aileron he had in at departure. They knew what was coming. Rolled right off into the up wing. He neutralized, let the plane get the flying speed, rolled to the nearest horizon (flip a coin) and pulled.

The ailerons (and elevator) on a 717 aren't actually directly controlled, they are moved by servo tabs and the aero forces. I wonder what they were doing while the plane was sliding off into lawn dart land. Cool video.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
As someone who flies an F model now and then, standardization is a good thing. Also, non-ACS aircraft are an abomination against god.
Agreed on standardization. I just think, as a former NATOPS O, the “EPs must be verbatim down to spelling, no abbreviations” is silly and counterproductive.

Either you know the procedure and can execute it safely in the cockpit, or you can’t. Spelling, punctuation, and phrasing minutiae don’t change this.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Agreed on standardization. I just think, as a former NATOPS O, the “EPs must be verbatim down to spelling, no abbreviations” is silly and counterproductive.

Either you know the procedure and can execute it safely in the cockpit, or you can’t. Spelling, punctuation, and phrasing minutiae don’t change this.
On that, we agree.

Pags

N/A
pilot

If the Model Manager did that then everyone would get a 100 and what would the point of a unit eval if everyone gets a 100?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If the Model Manager did that then everyone would get a 100 and what would the point of a unit eval if everyone gets a 100?
Something something Red Wings bad?

(goes off to say FUBIJAR, shine Red Wings, and wonder which seabag my Bellevilles are stuffed in the bottom of)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Something something Red Wings bad?

(goes off to say FUBIJAR, shine Red Wings, and wonder which seabag my Bellevilles are stuffed in the bottom of)
A coalition of imbecilic CPOs at AIRPAC are the ones who hate Red Wings, so don't take it out on the NATOPS folks. I've never been issued brown Bellevilles, so I wore my old as fuck black aircrew boots during our squadron's last AMI. Real leaders wear Red Wings.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor

The Air Force is going towards something they call "CAPs" - Critical Action Procedures. You don't have to spell them out to get them right, or even say them verbatim, you just have to do them when presented with the scenario in the sim (or in a flight). Seems like a good change.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
The Air Force is going towards something they call "CAPs" - Critical Action Procedures. You don't have to spell them out to get them right, or even say them verbatim, you just have to do them when presented with the scenario in the sim (or in a flight). Seems like a good change.

I don't know if "going to" is the correct term. Our 1980's F-16 A/B's used the term CAPs in the -1. But I've heard they treat EPs a bit differently in a classroom setting, as you say.