• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Naval Academy Anti-Sex Policy

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Naval Academy has recently established clear standards for the responsible use of sexual activity in order to best develop midshipmen into responsible officers and leaders for the Navy and Marine Corps. As you know, sexual activity is a severe detriment to combat readiness, performance and military discipline. We want our alumni to understand our ongoing efforts to ensure all midshipmen know that they cannot effectively lead if they abuse sexual activity.

Today it's common to come across the all too often repeated story of young college-aged students who have engaged in "binge humping" and subsequently hurt themselves or someone else, or were arrested for public indecency, and as a result, embarrass themselves and their families. Midshipmen are not immune to the fate that befalls those that choose to have sex in a destructive manner. We confront many of the same barriers to the responsible use of random hook-ups by midshipmen that most colleges and universities face today.

The first barrier is misplaced loyalty to their "booty calls" over their loyalty to the Naval Academy, their futures or their careers. Second is a fear of confronting unacceptable behavior. Some midshipmen, like many other students their age, want to be perceived as being cool. Confronting their peers on their promiscuity is - for some - inconsistent with this desired image. Sometimes this results in a lack of "positive" peer pressure which could get an off-course midshipman back on track. Third is the misconception that "all" college students make love excessively. Many midshipmen don't want to miss out on many of the experiences believed to be a right of passage for college-aged students. As a result, some midshipmen ignore Naval Academy rules and screw to excess in order to have that true "college" experience. Last is the "I am invulnerable" youth culture where the belief is that bad things only happen to other people, it won't happen to me.

Our policy seeks to discourage sexual activity, and encourages both personal accountability and responsibility for the welfare of their peers. Policy highlights follow:

Responsible Use: For those who choose to have sex, responsible use means drinking in moderation to ensure one's Booty Acquired Quarterly (BAQ) never exceeds .08. We've adopted the memory aid of "0-0-1-3" as a guideline. "0-0-1-3" stands for "0" random hook-ups for those under 21, "0" trips to the backseat, if driving, a maximum of "1" standard girlfriend/boyfriend per semester, and a maximum of "3" standard girlfriend/boyfriend per year.

Risky Consummation of Relationships. Drinking that results in a BAQ above .08 and extending to .15. Offenders will be flagged for intervention from their Chain of Command, counseling and education. Subsequent offenses face conduct action.

Abusive Consummation of Relationships. Drinking that results in a BAQ above .15 and extending to .20 is considered abusive consumption of alcohol. Offenders face conduct action.

Intolerable Alcohol Consumption. Excessive drinking resulting in a BAQ over .20. Offenders face major conduct action and possible separation from the Naval Academy.

The difference in this policy is that midshipmen will be held accountable for the quantity they sleep with - not solely for bad conduct under the influence. Our intention is not to play cops and robbers here. We want our midshipmen to discipline their own sexual activity. However, we'll enforce this policy through personal and chain of command accountability, and extensive DNA testing.

Our policy increases chain of command involvement with intervention and possible treatment options to ensure timely and effective treatment is given to those midshipmen that need it. The Naval Academy recently hired an additional SARP (Sexual Activity Rehabilitation Program) counselor and instituted Level 1 sexual activity treatment on the Yard in an effort to provide needed treatment with as minimal impact as possible on midshipmen studies and training.

The Naval Academy is working hard to combat fun and good times. We understand the gravity and pervasiveness of the challenge at our nation's colleges and in our society as a whole. Preparing midshipmen morally, mentally and physically to be combat leaders of character for our Navy and Marine Corps requires holding them to a high standard. As you might expect, the vast majority of our midshipmen meet or exceed our exacting standards on a daily basis, and we will continue to educate, discipline and remediate those who fall short.

Eliminating "dirty sex" and sexual activity within the Brigade is challenging, and we have elicited the support of our entire faculty and staff in realizing this important goal. For our many alumni who have frequent contact with midshipmen, we ask that you continue to provide a positive example regarding responsible sex use during athletic events, tailgaters, and other social activities attended by midshipmen. Your example, positive support and encouragement will greatly assist our efforts to create a climate of professionalism and accountability through the responsible use of alcohol.

r/CAPT Dunn
Deputy Superintendent/Chief of Staff
United States Naval Academy

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
^^ I've noticed a trend of increasing hostility and tendency towards insubordination as Steve's remaining time in the Navy wanes. :D

Brett

xmid

pilot
Contributor
LOL. I thought that was the real deal until I read the words "Binge Humping"...

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
^^ I've noticed a trend of increasing hostility and tendency towards insubordination as Steve's remaining time in the Navy wanes. :D

Brett
I pulled it off of Sailor Bob.....though I'm not saying your statement isn't true either. :D

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Mids are notorious for their sexual deviances in the Annapolis area. This is never going to change unless you castrate them, or only accept guys/girls over 40... and even then I don't know... My recomendation is if anyone has a daughter to keep her out of DTA at night and forbid her from going to any "mid-houses". Ironically the uniform works very well in the area...;)

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Mids are notorious for their sexual deviances in the Annapolis area. This is never going to change unless you castrate them, or only accept guys/girls over 40... and even then I don't know... My recomendation is if anyone has a daughter to keep her out of DTA at night and forbid her from going to any "mid-houses". Ironically the uniform works very well in the area...;)
When my daughter turns 12, I'm going to wear my choker whites every day till she graduates from high school. I want the sight of seeing her dad in uniform to be seared into her retinas so that she'll be repulsed to the point of puking whenever she sees other young men in uniform. I should start walking around in my choker white tops in my boxers just so she starts getting used to the idea.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
For our many alumni who have frequent contact with midshipmen, we ask that you continue to provide a positive example regarding responsible sex use during athletic events, tailgaters, and other social activities attended by midshipmen.

What does that mean? I've yet to see anyone sexin' it up at a football game, soccer game, crew practice, or any other athletic event or a tailgater. I'm assuming he means when in passing conversation in events like this, drop lines that mean have sex responsibly and off the yard, but still it's just worded funny.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
What does that mean? I've yet to see anyone sexin' it up at a football game, soccer game, crew practice, or any other athletic event or a tailgater. I'm assuming he means when in passing conversation in events like this, drop lines that mean have sex responsibly and off the yard, but still it's just worded funny.

Its not real. Its a joke.

PU Grad

MAC flight user
pilot
He really read that whole thing without noticing it was a joke? Hell that line is most of the way through it.

Wow.