• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

nautical terms...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tydaddy

anybody know how i can brush up on my marine terms for the "nautical" section of the astb??
thanks!
tyler
banghead_125.gif

spidrwmn

Just study the Marine ASTB guide and the ARCO book. If you feel you need more check out the encyclopedia on sailing, etc.

- Nikki

chartdk

Study some navigation too (i.e. piloting, dead reckoning, etc.) a quick overview should suffice. Definitely know the buoys. Just look it it up in the encyclopedia

Colin

Q-ball

Marine CH-53E Pilot
pilot
Take the ladder well up to the third deck. Then go down the passage way past the quarterdeck. The head is the third hatch on the starboard side before you get to the galley.

Marine Helo Pilot

esday1

He'll dazzle you with terms like "Code Red."
Does anyone know a good webpage that reviews all the navigational aids (buoys, etc)?

"Peace on earth to men of goodwill. All others stand by."

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Hey,

Go to the library and check out a beginners sailing book. That helped me tremendously!

Peace,

-Spin

rmikevt

I have been sailing most of my life, actually grew up in annapolis, anyway go to the library and check out a book called Chapman's Piloting. You will find more than you would ever want to know about boats and navigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.