• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NASIS/Application Question

sanchagrins

First off you guys are by far one of the greatest sources of information I found regarding all things Navy/OCS/Naval Aviation. Keep it up! I do have a question though. When filling out the NASIS and application for commission, they both ask about previous drug usage in the last 7 years, or after the age of 16, which ever is shorter. Well when I was 14 I tried marijuana one time, didn't like it, and since I was a student athelete in high school and my school randomly drug tested atheletes it was a no brainer never to do it again.

Anyways, normally I would then just check no on both applications. However When I was a senior in High Scool my long time girlfriend and first love cheated on me and broke up with me leaving me pretty upset. My parents, never seeing me like this, forced me to go to counsciling. While in my first session the question came up if I had was on drugs, or ever had been. I said I was not on any illegal subtances but that I had tried marijuana one time. Since I have a history of counsciling (with medications for less than one year, over 6 years ago) I was required to submit my medical records. In those records states it states "...denies drug usage, but admits using marijuana." Now I don't want those reviewing my application for commission and doing my background investigation to see this and think that I'm trying to hide anyting from them. When I asked my recruiter(who is uberbusy, hence me asking you guys this) about issues getting information regarding previouse employers he stated "...This is the basis for your security clearance...if the investigators decide you weren't forthcoming...no clearance."

So my question is what exactly should I do? I haven't used marijuana more than one time, and in 10 years, but I don't want those reviewing my case to see that I "admits using marijuana" and DQ me.

Thanks in advacned. Sorry for such a long post.

sanchagrins

That's what I'm trying to do. I certainly do not want to get fraudulent enlistment. More or less should I put down that I tried marijuana one time 10 years ago because of a vague reference to it in medical record. I don't want those doing my NASIS to think that I'm being untruthful by not listing it because it was not in the last 7 years (I was 14 then, 24 now).