• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NAS Whiting Field hunting season 2008

SQUIDutah

pilot
Just FYI for the cross/bow hunters out there that NAS Whiting Field is beginning to sell their hunting permits tomorrow (8 October) at the Liberty Center BLD 2942. Their hours are Monday to Friday 11-5 pm. Also it takes about 30 minutes to fill out the forms.

Some of the requirements:
- Current Florida Hunting License
- $30 NAS Whiting Field Hunting Permit.

Hours to hunt:
- Reserve time 5 days in advance
- Morning hunt: 90 minutes to sunrise till 1100
- Evening hunt: 1200 till 30 minutes to sunset.
- Hunt starting: October 18 till February 18

Get in early to buy permits because this is open to all active/reserve, DOD, and contractors.

Any questions feel free to PM me.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Do rifle hunters need to get there now and register even though the season isn't until late Nov? Is it just walkers and guys in stands (i.e. no dogs)?

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
I'd obviously pre-coordinate, but you can legally bring firearms aboard base under specific conditions. At Jax, I had to go to the armory and check my pistol in and out while staying at the "Q".
I'll call and make it simple.

0812GM

FY09 STA-21 NFO Select
You can hunt with rifles over at Eglin AFB. Not sure what all you need to do this, but there is a class on base that you will have to take.