• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nami Wammy

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtle_sc

STA-21 Non-select
Question...

I am applying for STA-21 NFO option. I am going to MCAS Beaufort for a flight physical to make sure I can pass before I drop my package. If I pass this flight physical will I have a problem if I get picked up? I will have to have atleast one waiver (i have a plate and screws on my collar bone, but the flight surgeon seems to think I should be able to get the waiver no problem) Will they give me another physical when I get to Pensacola, or will the one I get now be good enough???? Someone please help....

spr

Neo,
I'm pretty sure I've had a flight physical b/c I originally was going into the Marines. They sent me for my flight physical and the Navy accepted it as well. That is probably why there is a difference. If I had only been talking with the Navy, I probably would have just gone to MEPs.

prowlerdude

NAMI is a joke

I just want to vent: that corpsman at NAMI, f___z k__y, claims to be the best friend of people who need waivers at the same time saying there is no way he can help you, ditto for the air force colonel. I suggested they were an organ of the force shaping measures now in place and I must have hit a sensitive nerve, for they became uber defensive (and confirmed my suspicions). It is a mystery of nature why NAMI allows one person to be judge, jury, executioner, appellate judge, and Supreme Court.

dcharles

I got whammied years ago. Back then we had "NAPE" week, they flew us down to P'cola for our flight physicals before our OCS date. I passed no problem (spent almost a year getting waivers for a screw in my knee prior to that). Once at OCS, they sent us over to NOMI again. I got flagged for an "irregular heartbeat". They put a monitor box on me that I had to wear for a couple of days (loads of fun during indoc week, let me tell you). I went back and they looked over it and told me I couldn't fly. Man was I pissed.

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
jg...You mentioned you have an astigmatism, right? I can't fly because of it. Well, according to my waiver, I can't have actual control of the aircraft. That means I'm qualified for naval aviation, but not to control a plane. In other words, even though my eyesight is within limits for pilot and I got a higher PFAR than FOFAR on my ASTB (which they supposedly don't count anymore), I'm an SNFO.

I had two different flight physicals by two different flight surgeons (one's also an F-14 pilot...weird, I know) and they both found the same things throughout the physical, and they were a little over a year apart.

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
I was a BDCPer with a pilot slot. My vision is 20/40 in one eye, and 20/30 in the other...just within the passing limits. However, they did find a slight astigmatism in my left eye that was "out of tolerance": the limit is -0.50 diopters, mine is -0.75. So they offered me an NFO slot, or said I could get out if I wanted...

Status
Not open for further replies.