• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NAMI Physical

Status
Not open for further replies.

WFU2USN

Hi Everyone,

As some of you may have noticed from my other posts, I'm having issues with my lazy eye. The Navy knows about it, and accpeted me for NFO anyway.

My concern is when it comes to the NAMI Physical and they do the eye exam. What all is involved for the eye exam? I know it's detailed, but don't know much about those details.

I appreciate your input.

Thanks,
Robin

mikedjp

serously, isn't there some kind of eye exercises you can do for a lazy eye? i was flipping through a yoga book once and saw eye exercises. it sounds kind of fruity, but anything is worth a shot to keep you from getting shot down at NAMI.

kn

Does anyone know how one can be disqualified for dental during flight physical? For example, if during exam a doctor at NAMI finds some cavity, will you be disqualified or will they send you to a dentist at OCS to remedy the problem?

ckligg01

I am a SNFO with jacked up eyes.... don't worry about depth, you don't need it as an SSSSSSSSSSNFO. You will not be an NNNNNNFO till you get your wings. Now you are just someone who hasn't been to OCS yet. Best of luck.

ckligg01

Cavities are not a problem. We have a guy in our class who it DI's call the Toxic Vampire beacuse his teeth are so jacked up and he is grad on fri. They will just fix your grill in your last 2 weeks.

ghost_ttu

mike, lazy eye is basically the inability for the eyes to focus together. put something like a pencil right infront of your nose. Focus on the tip of it with both eyes when it comes in focus then focus on something in the distance 10-15ft away. Repeat and try to get the time that you focus faster.

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

Status
Not open for further replies.