• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NAMI OCS Flight Physical

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyHigh

Hey does anyone know the lighting conditions for the NAMI eye exam recently? (ie. dark room and bright chart) Also is it a projection chart or paper chart? Is it letters or numbers?
Thanks

Jim

skyhigh,

i can't speak firsthand but i know what others have said recently. the test is in a room with lights dimmed. the letters are projected onto the wall. i'm pretty sure they said its all letters but somebody else would have to confirm that. what i did is bought a cheap snellen chart on ebay to have an idea of what my vision is. although chances are your vision will be worse on the nomi vision test than on a chart you buy, at least it would give you some idea. i think if you're worried about your vision passing at nomi (and believe me i'm in the same boat as you on that), stay away from a computer and close work as much as possible. i notice if i do this my vision improves. good luck.

-jim

I dunno if this is just all in the head, but for some reason, when I widen my eyes, they see even further away. Or maybe it's just cuz I'm asian and my eyes need to get bigger to let the light in. Hmm...
And I think projection is better, because I took an eye test in a bright room once and the glare off the panel made it hard to see.

grouch

Hey vegita, I think NOMI lets you adjust the lighting to your preference. They also let you try it several ways and take your best score. Hope this helps.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
After the first time passing the NOMI flight physical eye exam, how often do you have to re-take it while in the fleet? I'm just curious becuase I know that looking at a comp does hurt your eyes, but let's be practical. When you are in the fleet, you cant control what you look at like you can now as a civilian. My $.02. Later

- Quote on being selected for an OCS spot -
"If you are chosen, you will have been chosen by Men 'who have been there and done that' and have decided that they wished to have you in Their company, there is no such medal worth as much."

Valion310

Originally posted by EA-6B1
After the first time passing the NOMI flight physical eye exam, how often do you have to re-take it while in the fleet? I'm just curious becuase I know that looking at a comp does hurt your eyes, but let's be practical. When you are in the fleet, you cant control what you look at like you can now as a civilian. My $.02. Later

I think it's either a bi-anual or anual flight physical out in the fleet. The head up near the ready room in my old squadron had an eye chart and some other stuff on the walls. So I wouldn't be suprised if you do stuff a lot in the fleet.

NAMI sucks big ones, I went through the gauntlet in '96/'97 for Aircrew school.

Valion310 out-

Status
Not open for further replies.