• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

N3M PQ letter timeline

crj021

How long does N3M usually take to send back a PQ letter? I went through MEPS 2 weeks ago and passed without any issues, but my recruiter still hasn't heard anything back from N3M, who my recruiter says was sent all my info. Some people say they got letters back next day, others I've heard have waited 3 months. Would it also take longer for me because I had LASIK done and need a waiver? This is the last thing needed for my application, which I'm hoping to get in by July 15 for the August pilot board. Thanks!

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
Took about 2 months for me (see signature). The trick behind trying for a particular PROREC board/OCS class seems to be... to not. Follow the NORs instructions and let the process play out, even though it's slow. Check out the date span between events in my sig. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

crj021

Yeah good point, guess it's just a case of hurry up and wait. Hoping they can get everything done quickly, but we'll see. Good luck at OCS

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
How long does N3M usually take to send back a PQ letter? I went through MEPS 2 weeks ago and passed without any issues, but my recruiter still hasn't heard anything back from N3M, who my recruiter says was sent all my info. Some people say they got letters back next day, others I've heard have waited 3 months. Would it also take longer for me because I had LASIK done and need a waiver? This is the last thing needed for my application, which I'm hoping to get in by July 15 for the August pilot board. Thanks!

It takes about 1-4 business days from when the MEPS documents are submitted to when an actual N3M letter is received. Your OR/Processor probably just needs to get your MEPS record and submit everything to N3M, which is usually the biggest holdup between your MEPS date and N3M letter date.

There has also been instances when N3M requests certain documents that too could delay the N3M PQ letter process.

crj021

Gotcha. Thanks, Rufio. My OR said he's hoping for a response from N3M this week, but that's out of our hands at this point

crj021

Update for anyone looking at this thread in the future: I asked my recruiter yesterday if he heard any updates, and he said that I'd been medically cleared and my application sent to the board. So at most it was about 3 weeks after MEPS that N3M said I was good to go, possibly less