• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

N. Korea warns U.S of war

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar155

is good to go
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2005/01/05/international0637EST0484.DTL

(01-05) 03:37 PST SEOUL, South Korea (AP) --

North Korea has ordered its citizens to be ready for a protracted war against the United States, issuing guidelines on evacuating to underground bunkers with weapons, food and portraits of leader Kim Jong Il.

The 33-page "Detailed Wartime Guidelines," published in South Korea's Kyunghyang newspaper on Wednesday and verified by Seoul, was issued April 7, 2004, at a time when the communist regime was claiming it was Washington's next target following the Iraq war.

The manual -- the first such North Korean document made public in the outside world -- was signed by Kim Jong Il in his capacity as chairman of the Central Military Committee of the ruling Workers' Party. That ended speculation over whether Kim has assumed the top military post following the 1994 death of his father, President Kim Il Sung.

Analysts said the guidelines reflected Pyongyang's fear over a possible U.S. military strike amid stalled talks on its nuclear weapons programs. They said the guidelines were also meant to whip up a sense of crisis among its 22 million people, reportedly growing discontent amid economic hardship.

"The United States has cooked up suspicion over our nuclear programs and is escalating an offensive of international pressure to strangle and destroy our republic," the booklet said. "If this tactic doesn't work, it plots to use this (nuclear) problem as an excuse for armed invasion."

Kyunghyang did not clarify where it acquired the document classified as "top secret."

Seoul's National Intelligence Service said in a one-sentence statement: "We believe the document reflects North Korea's wartime preparations."

The manual urged the military to build restaurants, wells, restrooms and air purifiers in underground bunkers, which government offices and military units will move into if war breaks out.

When North Koreans evacuate to underground facilities, they should make sure that they take the portraits, plaster busts and bronze statues of Kim and his parents so that they can "protect" them in a special room, the guidelines say.

The Kim family has ruled North Korea for more than a half century, creating a powerful personality cult. Portraits of Kim and his father hang side-by-side on the walls of every house.

Since the Korean War ended in 1953, North Korea has built a 1.1 million-member military, the world's fifth largest, although most of its weapons are outdated. It already keeps vital military facilities in an estimated 10,000 underground tunnels and bunkers, South Korean officials say.

The Pyongyang subway is hundreds of yards below the surface to double as an air raid shelter, and the North's military has dug "invasion tunnels" across the border with the South.

North Korea is locked in a dispute with Washington and its allies over its nuclear weapons programs.

Pyongyang escalated its threats after the United States invaded Iraq, which President Bush termed as an "axis of evil," together with Iran and North Korea. North Korean villages are festooned with slogans exhorting the people to prepare for a war with "our sworn enemy, the U.S. imperialists."

"The North has real fear that it may become the next Iraq under the Bush administration," said Kim Tae-woo, a senior fellow at Seoul's Korea Institute for Defense Analyses. "The guidelines also appear aimed at tightening domestic control on the people as the economic difficulties erode the regime's grip on power."

Kim said Washington is building more powerful missiles that could destroy underground military targets in countries like North Korea.

On Tuesday, North Korea accused the United States of planning to deploy those missiles in South Korea for a "preemptive attack" on the North. Washington says it wants to end the nuclear dispute peacefully.

Acoustix99

pilot
Ah, Lil' Kim is at it again. That man is a psycological disorder all his own. Now, granted, we might well be better off taking out North Korea, but I'm pretty sure after the way Iraq is going and with the current state of our forces, I don't think we'll pull the resources to do something like that anytime soon. I think this is just Kim Jong Il's way of scaring his people enough so they don't so much mind not being fed, medicated, or housed......They need more money for defense! The 91% of their GDP they spend on it now SURELY can't be enough!

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you ever read some of the reports that the KCNA, the official news agency for North Korea, you will laugh your a@# off some of their absurdity. Here is one of their official sites.

http://www.kcna.co.jp/index-e.htm

perchul

Everyone needs to read the crap on the link Flash put up, its hiliarious....apparently we're deploying underground missiles...it gets better to

sirenia

Sub Nuke's Wife
It's sad to think how brainwashed people can get when they only read things like the stuff on that website. Being totally cut off from the rest of the world makes them lose their perspective.

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
What I find even funnier is to think that there are people who actually have to think this stuff up!! Incredible

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Awww crap. You mean I was supposed to start building this bunker all the way back in April? Oh man...I am way behind the power curve.

Also, does anyone know where I can get a framed portrait of Kim Jong Il? I lost mine last PCS.

Something tasteful, like this:
Kim_Jong_Il.jpg

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When I was in Osan, we talked with this guy who told us about all these hillarious N Korean propaganda stories. Apparently, the NK people have been shown footage of the space shuttle and then they're told that they're watching a brilliant success of the N Korean government. These poor starving people actually believe that they're the most advanced society in the world. There was at one time a plan to breed and train really good basketball players so they could go to the US to make a bunch of $$$ to infuse the N Korean economy. WTF?

Brett

Jaxs170

www.YANKEESSUCK.com
Wow, sounds like the DPRK and al-Jizera are working hand in hand. Most of that stuff was right in line with the people who are claiming the tsunami was caused by a US nuclear test.

I get the feeling if you put a North Korean and a muslim in a room together and closed the door and told them they could not open it, their combined intelligence would be enough for them to starve to death in the room.

Acoustix99

pilot
Jaxs170 said:
I get the feeling if you put a North Korean and a muslim in a room together and closed the door and told them they could not open it, their combined intelligence would be enough for them to starve to death in the room.

I think what we have here is a failure to distinguish intelligence fron insanity. Most of these people are very smart. I don't think Al-Quada is an organization of idiots, nor is Kim Jong Il. Unfortunately, they are completely mentally unbalanced. And you think they wouldn't open the door? Since when do the North Koreans and muslims listen to what we tell them anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.