• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My visit with the T-34 and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Alright, ladies and gents, I was blessed with the opportunity to meet up with a Marine SNA while I was on vacation in Florida last week. We met up and headed to NAS Pcola and went to the O'Club for lunch. Then we hit the flightline!! It was awesome! I got to strap on a T-34 and take a look around the cockpit. I also got up close with T-6s, -39s, -2s, Fat Albert, the Blue Angels, and saw some fleet F-18s. We then headed up to Whiting where I got to sit in a TH-57 helicopter.

It was a great experience, and one that I know I'm fortunate to have been able to do especially since I'm still a civilian (just completed PLC Jrs). I'll leave you with some motivating pictures that I snapped.

Attachments

• F-4U Corsair.jpg
    F-4U Corsair.jpg
    681.3 KB · Views: 41
  • T-34.jpg
    T-34.jpg
    628.3 KB · Views: 66
  • T-34 (cockpit).jpg
    T-34 (cockpit).jpg
    622.2 KB · Views: 51

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
I tried attaching them again. They were there last night when I posted the thread. I dunno what happened.

Clux4

Banned
You went to that big freaking Air Museum. They have alot of good stuff down there.

Are those all the picture or you have more?

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Here's a few more...
That's the A-6 Intruder with it's radar up front.
The F-4 Phantom head on.
The S-3 Viking that landed on the USS Lincoln with President Bush.

Attachments

• A-6 Intruder (radar).jpg
    A-6 Intruder (radar).jpg
    617.9 KB · Views: 45
  • F-4 Phantom.jpg
    F-4 Phantom.jpg
    680 KB · Views: 29
  • S-3 Viking (CIC).jpg
    S-3 Viking (CIC).jpg
    624.5 KB · Views: 51

Clux4

Banned
Cool pix men. I guess the S-3 the president flew in was getting to the end of its life span.
You starting to make me feel like going back to Pensacola.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
Clux4 said:
Cool pix men. I guess the S-3 the president flew in was getting to the end of its life span.
You starting to make me feel like going back to Pensacola.

all the S-3's are getting towards the end of their lifespans :p

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
yeah the museum I work for is in line to get an S-3 and a P-3..the F-14 was already green lighted and the strike community is supposed to meet next week to decide which one to give us, but the Viking and Orion are still in the negotiation process.

Status
Not open for further replies.