• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Situation....

Status
Not open for further replies.

HecLriv

I am an active duty CTI currently trying to put a package for OCS together and would like to hear some comments/oppinions form you about my situation. I graduate on June 20th this year and after that I will be able to apply for OCS. I took my ASTB on Wednesday and I am hoping for the best. As I mentioned I graduate June 20th and if I get a "competitive" score on the ASTB I could applay after that. The only reason holding me back is that I am transfering to Pensacola for Aircrew school in July and I know that if I drop my package I would get stuck in my present command until the board decides if I get selected. Not only do I have to wait for the board, but if selected I would have to stay in this command until my class date.

Here come the questions, can I apply form Aircrew Candidate School? I believe I can, and been told as such by the Officer program POC at my command, but do you all know? How much weigh does GPA have? I have a 2.83 and I am sort of thinking that it might not be what they are looking for.

On the ASTB I have to say that the guide I downloaded form this site was AWESOME!!! I should have memorized the entire thing instead of just reading through it. It makes me mad that I skipped one question one the one with all the little pictures, spatial something something, when I was on a good roll. I lost about 1.5 minutes trying to figure out were I messed up and ended up short timing myself. Hopefully I do well enough to get the score for Intel and others.

WFU2USN

As far as apply from Air Crew School, it depends on the command's policy regarding your application - it sounds as if you can.

Given your GPA, you might want to consider completing Air Crew School and getting your wings. Since you're enlisted, your Navy-related accomplishments, PRT scores, outside volunteerism/activities, etc. will play a factor too. Are you warfare qualified yet? That is really important, if you've been in places to get qual'd.

Also, make sure you do very well on the ATSB!!

If you have more questions let me know.

Good luck!
IS2(SCW)

D_mac05

Foxtrot Driver
pilot
I am surprised they didn't give you your ASTB score right then and there. It took about 15 minutes for my recruiters to grade it. Must be the way things are done at your office.

Sorry, I can't help you out on the Aircrew question...not prior enlisted.

Status
Not open for further replies.