• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My package is airborn..at the board..SEL SNA 5 JUN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borncreole

I just mailed my application today. Wow, what a long ride it has been putting it together. I guess now all I have to do is wait. I hear anywhere from 4-12 weeks for us enlisted folk. I applied for Pilot only, no second or 3rd choice. I will keep the thread going as I find out more. If any other enlisted applicants have questions I will try and help, God knows I had a lot of help along the way. Well I guess I will hurry up and wait...the Navy tradition

Some stats:
B/S in liberal arts (cum laude)
Extremly strong recommendation from CO
all 10s on interview board O-6, O-5, 2 O-4s The board members were all pilots and gave STRONG recommendations
No waivers (28 yrs but have 9.8 prior enlisted)
3 EP's/1 MP(check in)
EAWS/NAC/MTS
Instructor of the Year
3 NAMs
5 FLOCs

PFAR-6
PBI-8
OAR-51
AQT-5

E/H on PRT

Over 2300 hours as a SH60B Aircrewman

erogland

That's great man. I just sent my package off two weeks ago. I had to get an age waver though(29 yrs with 4.5 years in the Marine Corps). I also have a good recommendation from my CO, with 2 strong recommendations from O6s (only one being a Naval Aviator though) and one from a O3. Your scores are a better than mine.
PFAR - 5
PBI - 4
OAR - 49
AQT - 4
Hope I get it.

Good Luck

AZSkegee

Hey shipmates I sent my application after memorial day and still waiting word, Im on the Eisenhower, I had 10s on my O board strong letter from my CO, 48 6,5,. accelerated advancement from "A" school, sailor of the week, one EP overall 3.9 avg, a some good letters of recomendations,recieving masters with overall gpa 3.00 hope your wait is not as long as mine, good luck

AZSkegee

I applied for Pilot, Supply and SWO, sorry for the long response we just recieved power over here at the warehouse in Suffolk , were I work

Borncreole

Anyone else sent off thier package lately? I heard they opened up a few pilot slots for FY04 recently. Has anyone else heard this?

The_Goat

My OSO called me today and said that I got accepted to OCS in the summer and I am slotted for air. I don't know if this helps.

My second application got sent on the 29th. (I already applied for BDCP/NFO and didn't get selected). I had to wait about 4 months to hear last time, but my recruter said that they are turning them out more quickly now. I am now applying for SNFO. I got a 51 OAR with 6's across the board. All 10's on my interview with my recruter's CO, 3.0 GPA (graduating in April!!!). I'm excited!

Borncreole

Goat, when did you apply and when did you hear back?
Littledancerus...good luck, let me know when you hear something.

scbee

I found out yesterday my package has been accepted for API school, as a Naval pilot. My package was sent in last June. I'm an OC at the NROTC unit. I have about 6 months before I probably go anywhere. Do anybody have any things to improve or work on ideas, to make my life easier in API school. I'm trying to get myself ready for this big adventure.

Borncreole

congrats scbee! Thats great!
I found out today that my package is at the board. Here are a few FACTS:
The Pilot board convenes 21 OCT 03
The results of the board are posted 01 NOV 03

Borncreole

couple more notes....
the board that is convening on the 21 of OCT IS FOR FY04 slots. There are a slim few slots remaining. I do not know how many. The class date is for March 04 from this board.

scbee

Thanks Borncreole. Good luck to you. I definitely know what you are going through. It's hard to keep your mind off of it and wait.

russo22jax

I recently completed my package and they sent it back because they wanted more info on a few things. I am anticipating a prof req this week and have my medical scheduled for 18 Oct. My ASTB scores were 7/8/7 with an OAR of 56 and my GPA is 3.81 from Embry-Riddle. I am hoping to have my package go before the next board for SNA. I did not even think that I would make it this far. I am anxious as hell to find out if I will be selected!

Status
Not open for further replies.