• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Naval Career Lasted 2 months before it ended

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
JSF you will truly be in my prayers, I know how long you have been here alone posting and prob. staring at the great constantly changing photo gallery as I have. I have a close friend that had a similar situation however they were on his pituitary and in-operable. He is fine now with some monitoring, and always stoked when I get to take vacation and go shoot guns with him.

KBayDog

JSF - Like heyjoe said, don't be a stranger around here. We're 'notorious' for taking care of our own.

Everything happens for a reason. While your dream of a Navy career may be over, it was your dream of a Navy career that enabled you to learn of your medical condition. Getting things identified and taken care of early has enabled you to continue to live a healthy life - the only thing that is important to the subject of your avatar.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
JSF - sorry to hear what happened and I hope it ends well. Talk to a VA counselor, you might be eligible for some benefits. I'm pretty sure they have to at least treat this condition at a VA hospital if it ever reoccurs.

Good luck.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Wow, just wow. That is a lot of stuff for one person to endure. I am sure your positive outlook will continue to serve you well, no matter what your career is.

HAL is right, make more than one copy of your medical record and choose your VSO (Veteran's Service Officer) well. He or she will be able to guide you towards any benefits available.

Best of luck to you.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Wow, it sounds like you've had to endure so much just to stay alive. Glad you are on the mend and you have the love and support of your family, 'cuz that is what it is all about. I hope the next career path that opens for you brings you joy, and that you are back healthy ASAP.

Hang in there!

phrogpilot73

Glad to hear that you are starting to get back your health, because in the end - that is the most important thing for your family. Just because you can't serve in uniform doesn't mean you can't serve. I'm a government civil servant, and am very proud of the work that I do to support the military...

rookie7734

None
I am sorry to hear about your medical situation. Hopefully, everything is fine now and you can get on with your life. I have always believed that things happen for a reason and a purpose and they serve us. The key is to figure out what that purpose is.

Stay in touch and let us know how your life is going.

TrunkMonkey

Spy Navy
You can also contact your local chapter of Disabled American Veterans: http://www.dav.org/
They are an organization that helps servicemembers file VA Disability claims - bear in mind that the military considers many things disabilities, not just something like being in a wheelchair.
Especially if you are limited in your ability to be up and about right now, they may be able to help with some leg work. It is now possible to file a claim while still on active duty so that hopefully benefits can be received sooner, so now is probably not too soon to look into it.

Jamin'G

pilot
Wow, man. Sorry to hear about all the troubles and heartache. Glad to see, at least, that they seem to have squared you away health-wise. Best of luck out there in the CIV DIV - I'm sure better things await ya!

Malo83

Keep the Faith
GodSpeed to you and your family, there are gonna be bigger and better things in your future, never forget there is Power in Prayer.

JSF_Dreamer

Busted Head
I appreciate it guys. There is a lot of prayer going out for me-- both my own and from others.

I believe they are just discharging me. Having been in for only 3 months (my OCS class is graduating today.. grats guys!), I don't think I qualify for anything else. My command is attempting to get me on limited duty as I have a follow-up appointment in July to have a cat-scan done to make sure the masses haven't grown back. And that will give me health coverage as my wife is pregnant and due on March 27th.

Just dealing with a lot of uncertainty right now as to what I'm going to do and how I'm going to afford paying rent and all that. Your words are encouraging and appreciated. I am going to look into government jobs as I do want to serve in any capacity that I can.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Do not, under any circumstances, simply shrug off the possibility of VA benefits because it was 'just' three months. Go talk to the DAV folks or the Military Order of the Purple Heart (MOPH), and ask them for guidance. They will help you out and do more than point you in the right direction.

exhelodrvr

pilot
I appreciate it guys. There is a lot of prayer going out for me-- both my own and from others.

I believe they are just discharging me. Having been in for only 3 months (my OCS class is graduating today.. grats guys!), I don't think I qualify for anything else. My command is attempting to get me on limited duty as I have a follow-up appointment in July to have a cat-scan done to make sure the masses haven't grown back. And that will give me health coverage as my wife is pregnant and due on March 27th.

Just dealing with a lot of uncertainty right now as to what I'm going to do and how I'm going to afford paying rent and all that. Your words are encouraging and appreciated. I am going to look into government jobs as I do want to serve in any capacity that I can.

What gaijin said - and make sure absolutely everything is documented in your medical records, and that you make extra copies of it.