• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I never did start an NFA thread.

Consider yourself counseled.

Man you're KILL'in me. My SBR and cans (Saker 5.56 and Sparrow) are still in jail. The SBR and Sparrow for another 30-45 days. The Saker won't make bail for many moons.

I've had the "luxury" of putting paperwork in on multiple items and just waiting since I can't do anything about it where I'm at now. Although two of them (lowers) are still waiting on paperwork from April. NFA Tracker says this month-ish, though...

That -212 can was a marathon, though. Bought in Oct 12, couldn't get the paperwork done until January 13, Form 4 arrived one week after I was home in August, and finally got my hands on it this December. Still fun to go make (lack of) noise once I got it, though.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Consider yourself counseled.

I've had the "luxury" of putting paperwork in on multiple items and just waiting since I can't do anything about it where I'm at now. Although two of them (lowers) are still waiting on paperwork from April. NFA Tracker says this month-ish, though...

That -212 can was a marathon, though. Bought in Oct 12, couldn't get the paperwork done until January 13, Form 4 arrived one week after I was home in August, and finally got my hands on it this December. Still fun to go make (lack of) noise once I got it, though.

What I'm currently waiting on is being transfered to me as an individual. It's easy to get the CLEO signature here in TN so I went that way the first time around. The next NFA stuff I do will go on a trust now that the wait is so much shorter thru a trust if you efile. (three months - almost the good old days, at least until they change the rules....) I think my first adventure with a trust will be to SBR an existing lower so I'll have 2 AR hosts. It sure is fun changing money into silence .

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Reading through the NFATCA forums, I'm not convinced the law is going to change that much. They seem to have a lot of ammo ready to go in order to contest the CLEO/Trust stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if, at the end of the day, someone on the Trust needs to get finger-printed and the CLEO thing goes away. It might take a while, though. Or hell, just run a 4473 and call it a day. Even though it's not required, a lot of dealers do it anyway on pickup.

I didn't really need to do another lower, but I submitted a Form 1 on eFile a few weeks ago just to see the process. Theoretically, it should be ready in March, assuming the very glitchy software worked like it was supposed to. Who would have guessed that yet another government procured electronic portal wouldn't work right?

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Yup. It's selfish I know but I don't really care one way or the other since in TN the CLEO is required by law to sign off within 15 days anyway. I care about my friends and family that dont live in free states but I really care about the lead times :). Be sure and post when your eFile spits out a "stamp" for that 2nd lower.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
It's crazy. I just sold one but counting the SBR in jail I still have 7 AR's (Colts, Noveske's and BCM's), none of which I built. I've built a bunch of them too but they have come and gone with my various "upgrade" agendas. Garands are just as bad. I still have 4 of those including a .308 but many more have come and gone over the years. I wanted a pre safety Marlin lever action and ended up with one in 357, 44 Mag, 30-30 and .22lr. I started out to replace the stainless pre-barrel warning 1994 model 10/22 my kids grew up shooting and ended up with 3 more. An as new stainless 1992 model, a beautiful unfired walnut stocked 1967 blued model and a 10/22 TD which is a pretty neat little gun too. Same deal with Ruger MK II .22 pistols, 1911's and on and on. Thank god I'm mostly broke since my move to TN. That will keep my NFA sickness under wraps for the forseeable future and that's a good thing.

Stick

pilot
Never did post a picture of my last AR build or my new shotty. The top is my latest build. I'm still waiting for some money to come my way that the wife hasn't already spent so I can get some glass for it and put the red dot and MBUS back on the first build (bottom AR).
IMG_0991_zps9a8e43fd.jpg

Recently picked this M4 up and heading out to some BLM land this weekend to pop its cherry, that is unless zombies come first or someone decides to come in the house uninvited.
5dc2717815c4b9a61cd36291c58519ce_zps6a4e1504.jpg

BigRed389

None
Have you ever used the Sig LE/Military discount program. I've been shopping for a 226 and am wondering if the discount is worth the hassle.

Extra mag plus ~$100 discount for a new gun seems worth any reasonable level of hassle. Sig mags are stupidly expensive right now.

exNavyOffRec

Extra mag plus ~$100 discount for a new gun seems worth any reasonable level of hassle. Sig mags are stupidly expensive right now.

Have you tried the Sig website? I only say this because a while back XD high cap mags locally were going for stupid prices or out of stock, even most online place were the same, but on a whim I checked the Springfield website and found them in stock at half the price I had been finding them, so I bought a bunch :), and the people who were trying to sell them for stupid prices were in shock when I told them Springfield had them and at that great price.

BigRed389

None
Have you tried the Sig website? I only say this because a while back XD high cap mags locally were going for stupid prices or out of stock, even most online place were the same, but on a whim I checked the Springfield website and found them in stock at half the price I had been finding them, so I bought a bunch :), and the people who were trying to sell them for stupid prices were in shock when I told them Springfield had them and at that great price.

Sig's site had them on backorder when I was looking. In fact, none of the big distributors even had any in stock at even stupid prices. Got lucky with a volume discount on Gunbroker since I ended up buying 4. But after this fiasco, my next handgun order will probably see me going back to Glock.