• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

jtmedli

pilot
Palmetto State Armory has some decent prices on ammo when it's in stock. They a limited time deal on 5.56 for about .40$ a round for 500 rounds. Not what it should be, but better than most.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Palmetto State Armory has some decent prices on ammo when it's in stock. They a limited time deal on 5.56 for about .40$ a round for 500 rounds. Not what it should be, but better than most.

PSA was always my go to 5.56 supplier, but after shipping, in the last few weeks I've only seen $.50/round. It's good to hear it's coming down.

jtmedli

pilot
PSA was always my go to 5.56 supplier, but after shipping, in the last few weeks I've only seen $.50/round. It's good to hear it's coming down.

I hear ya. This ridiculous inflation on 5.56 (and ammo in general) is beyond dumb. 5.56 is a relatively small, easy round to produce and shouldn't cost more than .25$ or .30$ a round. I built my AR under the assumption that 5.56 would be cheaper than 6.8SPC or 7.62 (in it's various forms) but, had I known what was going to happen, I would've just sprung for the bigger round. I still want to build an AR in a 20" or 22" platform in 7.62.

Stick

pilot
I use slickguns and gunbot for my ammo shopping and haven't seen any prices for 5.56 that I'm willing to pay. I have enough of it to last for a while but I'm having fun shooting the 15-22 that I bought for my wife and I just happen to take over. I don't like the prices I'm finding .22 at, but 7 cents a round after shipping isn't too bad. I still haven't seen ammo in wally world as that was my go to place for .22. Cali is npt the place to try and buy anything gun related IMO. I refuse to pay inflated prices on and parts so that's why I'm taking my time on this next build. But now that the wife is working I have more of my money I can keep for myself, so the build speed might go up. My lower will be here in October time frame, so I have a few months until I get the itch to finish it quickly.

exNavyOffRec

I use slickguns and gunbot for my ammo shopping and haven't seen any prices for 5.56 that I'm willing to pay. I have enough of it to last for a while but I'm having fun shooting the 15-22 that I bought for my wife and I just happen to take over. I don't like the prices I'm finding .22 at, but 7 cents a round after shipping isn't too bad. I still haven't seen ammo in wally world as that was my go to place for .22. Cali is npt the place to try and buy anything gun related IMO. I refuse to pay inflated prices on and parts so that's why I'm taking my time on this next build. But now that the wife is working I have more of my money I can keep for myself, so the build speed might go up. My lower will be here in October time frame, so I have a few months until I get the itch to finish it quickly.

Are lowers still scarce in CA?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Are lowers still scarce in CA?

Not really. They're ~$20 more than they should be, but hardware is actually flowing into the state pretty regularly now. Ammo...not so much, or what is here is still over-priced, but I think that's true a lot of places.

Stick

pilot
I am starting to see more guns and parts on shelves, but like Gator said, ammo is still scarce. I paid $116 for my latest lower, but the quality is top notch so I didn't really mind. Plus it's supporting a local company so I'm ok with that.

exNavyOffRec

I am starting to see more guns and parts on shelves, but like Gator said, ammo is still scarce. I paid $116 for my latest lower, but the quality is top notch so I didn't really mind. Plus it's supporting a local company so I'm ok with that.

That price is about what I have seen for most, I have seen composite lowers for 50-60 but I don't know much about them.

I have an urge to build a new one, but I think I will get the parts from a friend of mine that has an FFL.

Stick

pilot
Finally put together my upper. Only thing left is the A2.
0ab1bb4e-7ca9-4658-9ae2-f0b4d2644c2f_zps70a0e68b.jpg

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Finally picked her up, my NIB Sig 1911 TACOPS...put 200 rounds through her so far, flawless. Also, with my might Sig P226 Navy.

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
That is a solid looking 1911. I have always had a thing for 1911's and regret selling my last one. Just had to get a better concealed carry pistol. On my small 160lb frame it stuck out like a sore thumb.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
That is a solid looking 1911. I have always had a thing for 1911's and regret selling my last one. Just had to get a better concealed carry pistol. On my small 160lb frame it stuck out like a sore thumb.

I have a 7 or 8 handguns but I only carry my Gen 4 G19, perfect size for me. A full sized 1911 would be a bit much for concealment!

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
I have a 7 or 8 handguns but I only carry my Gen 4 G19, perfect size for me. A full sized 1911 would be a bit much for concealment!
I went with a XD9 sub compact. No gripes though I wish I would have gone with a .40 or .45. Granted I am sure it will not have any issue stopping someone unless they are hopped up on some bath salts or something.