• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Range session complete. It took a bit to get used to the safety design, but overall I'll call it a success. No hitches or anything negative to say on the trigger at the outset, and if anything it got better as I put some rounds through it. I threw a bunch of random 230gr ammo at it, pretty much just a bunch of old leftovers from other range sessions, and used a few different magazines as well. The range officer guy was upset with me because a shot out the center of the chest, head and pelvic girdle, making nice little piles of paper on the floor. He didn't want to clean it up.

MasterBates

Went to Sportsman's Warehouse for some #8 Shot and 209 Primers.

This followed me home.
374107_10151176847319284_443278803_n.jpg

Yes, it's purple. Yes, it's for the wife. Her hands are too small for my 226 (but boost my ego!)

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Very nice. Ambidextrous mag release and integral QD sling sockets. Pretty cool innovations on the lower......

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
SIG Mosquito.

How do you and your lady friend like the mosquito? I've heard good and bad things about it...I've got a Ruger mkII that is a tack driver, but it's not really applicable to practicing anything other than the basics with...and considering I just picked up a nice used 226 for 4 bills on gunbroker, I'm now convinced I need a Sig in .22 to play around with.

Goddammit, this disease will never be cured. Between ammo and whatever follows me home from the LGS, I'm afraid for my wife to check my bank account. Oh well.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
I've got a Ruger mkII that is a tack driver, but it's not really applicable to practicing anything other than the basics with...and considering I just picked up a nice used 226 for 4 bills on gunbroker, I'm now convinced I need a Sig in .22 to play around with..

Consider a Ruger SR22. I bought one a few weeks ago. Put 555 rounds of Winchester white box bulk ammo through it. ~150 rounds on paper, the rest on the steel range. Weapon performed flawlessly. Good groups out to 25 yards, and not a single malfunction of any kind. There was another guy on the steel range with an M&P22. He was shooting the same Winchester ammo, and he was getting good at his malfunction drills...

Just something to think about. Love my SR.

MasterBates

How do you and your lady friend like the mosquito? I've heard good and bad things about it...I've got a Ruger mkII that is a tack driver, but it's not really applicable to practicing anything other than the basics with...and considering I just picked up a nice used 226 for 4 bills on gunbroker, I'm now convinced I need a Sig in .22 to play around with.

Goddammit, this disease will never be cured. Between ammo and whatever follows me home from the LGS, I'm afraid for my wife to check my bank account. Oh well.

Build quality is good.

The trigger sucks BALLS. Something like a 18# DA pull. Yes., EIGHTEEN. It's not a typo. My scale only goes to 15, I guessed from there. SA is "reasonable" at about 7, but still real high.

Only WTF option is the Beretta style safety on the slide, in addition to the decocker. And it's linked with the decocker in a non intuitive way.

Overall I like it, way cheaper to shoot than it's big brother (226 in 357 Sig) but that trigger is getting some work done as soon as I shoot it enough to be confident it's not going to have to go in for service.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor

Quite correct, there is no cure. About the best you can do is slow down the bleeding a bit by stocking up on guns that are a blast to shoot but don't cost an arm and a leg to feed. Those 22 pistols are a great start (especially the MK II). If you don't already, eventually you will own at least one 10/22. You may as well get started. Here's my new one.

12 (600x800).jpg photo (2) (600x800).jpg 10_22 a (600x800).jpg

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There was another guy on the steel range with an M&P22. He was shooting the same Winchester ammo, and he was getting good at his malfunction drills...

Just something to think about. Love my SR.
Not surprised. I have the Walther 22 which is the same or very similar to the M&P 22. You have to shoot the hottest most expense stuff you can find to make it function flawlessly. Given that, it is great.

I am thinking about a SR9 for my wife. I know the early one had a crappy trigger. Anyone have experience with a newer one?

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Not surprised. I have the Walther 22 which is the same or very similar to the M&P 22. You have to shoot the hottest most expense stuff you can find to make it function flawlessly.

My Walther P-22 shoots everything I feed it. I can not recall having an issue... And I usually shoot the cheap Walmart stuff. That may change with the suppressor. A "certified pre-owned" sig 229 in .40 followed me home today, pics to follow. I'm already a big fan of the trigger. In SA it is very light and crisp. In DA it is heavier, but very predictable.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My Walther P-22 shoots everything I feed it. I can not recall having an issue... And I usually shoot the cheap Walmart stuff. That may change with the suppressor. A "certified pre-owned" sig 229 in .40 followed me home today, pics to follow. I'm already a big fan of the trigger. In SA it is very light and crisp. In DA it is heavier, but very predictable.
It would seem you have a rare P-22. I am jealous. Mine was so bad I sent it back to to Walther after a few hundred rounds. They went through it and pronounced it good to go. Still, they said you couldn't shoot the cheap stuff. Frustrated, I went on line and in several forums I found guys with the same problem. Some did say it got better with time, but mine hasn't yet. Can't shoot anything but CCI Stinger (1640 fps advertised) or better. It is a bit aggravating to compromise on the dollar savings of having a .22 to have to buy Gucci ammo. But when you do it is great. Congrats on the Sig. I am a big Sig fan. Bought a P228 in the late '80s. Slide says "Made in West Germany". Tens of thousands of rounds, duty carry, ccw on occasion. Love it.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Not surprised. I have the Walther 22 which is the same or very similar to the M&P 22. You have to shoot the hottest most expense stuff you can find to make it function flawlessly. Given that, it is great.

I am thinking about a SR9 for my wife. I know the early one had a crappy trigger. Anyone have experience with a newer one?

I shot a newer SR9c not so long ago, fantastic trigger, crisp break, short reset from what I recall...that was a range gun.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I bought my wife a P22 a few years ago, mainly to use as a gateway drug to get her hooked on the serious shit. Four years, maybe 100 rounds (max), and one, "This thing's like a cheap toy," later, it hasn't seen the light of day in a while. She'd rather shoot the Mk II. Better yet, she really likes the GSG-5.