• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

GroundPounder

PTR-91 and GSG-5 (.22) I have since sold them both. I go through guns like most marines go through women.

P1000206.jpg
[/quote]

What was your experience with the GSG-5?

sodajones

Combat Engineer
Fed and extracted reliably using gsg magazines. There were some off-brand mags we tried that did not feed reliably. The gun was a ton of fun.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
My buddy trying out my Daniel Defense 16" middy with POF lower and LMT sopmod stock. Rounded out with a Nightforce 2.5-10x32. (Best scope I've ever owned)

marprescott.jpg

Question: Was this after the volleyball game?

PTR-91 and GSG-5 (.22) I have since sold them both. I go through guns like most marines go through women.

I shot a few rounds out of a PTR-91 and I really wanted to like that gun. Smooth and great HK-style sights. But the nose/glasses/stock interface just was kind of a pain. It kept knocking into my frames with my cheek weld. I mentioned it to the owner (who is very good with the rifle) and he said he had the same problem. Oh well.

sodajones

Combat Engineer
Answer: Yes, but before the second round of mutual tanning oil application

The PTR ate absolutely everything I could feed it and is definitely the most "reliable" 7.62 battle rifle I have ever owned. That being said, the rifle was soul-less and not very fun. I also found the ergonomics to be poor and the fact that it doesn't hold the bolt open after the last round is fired is annoying. The sights were pretty spot on and easy to use but the adjustments to the front sight post require a special tool - which is ridiculous.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I've heard those things shoot pretty damn well. Give us a range report when you shoot it Bunk

Just shot 160 rounds through it, used 100 rounds of WWB 230gr FMJ, 50 rounds of Magtech 230gr FMJ and 10 rounds of PDX1 230gr JHP. I had one round of WWB get stuck, got it out and the shell was defective, so other than the one round of bad ammo, it shot perfect. Will put another 150-200 rounds through it next weekend too. I shot in the pistol range side and I cut out a 2" hole at 25 yards so it's at least accurate to that range. I read 50 yards it's good too, then tapers off from there.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Just shot 160 rounds through it, used 100 rounds of WWB 230gr FMJ, 50 rounds of Magtech 230gr FMJ and 10 rounds of PDX1 230gr JHP. I had one round of WWB get stuck, got it out and the shell was defective, so other than the one round of bad ammo, it shot perfect. Will put another 150-200 rounds through it next weekend too. I shot in the pistol range side and I cut out a 2" hole at 25 yards so it's at least accurate to that range. I read 50 yards it's good too, then tapers off from there.

I've the trigger is a bit of a pain/heavy. True?

I've thought a UMP in .45 would be pretty sweet. Not because I need one, but just because they look like a fun way to shoot .45. Ironically, it's starting to become cheaper than shooting 5.56.

HKUMP45.JPG

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I've the trigger is a bit of a pain/heavy. True?

I've thought a UMP in .45 would be pretty sweet. Not because I need one, but just because they look like a fun way to shoot .45. Ironically, it's starting to become cheaper than shooting 5.56.

HKUMP45.JPG

Trigger seemed fine to me, a medium pull but smooth. I think it's a 7lb trigger, I like it. Looks like a sweet shooter for sure!

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Never ever go to http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/ I ended up with the 1894 in 44 Mag I mentioned earlier. I have another 1894 in 357 Mag and a 336 in 30-30 on the way. This past Sunday at the fun show I ran into a guy selling a very sweet Marlin 39A .22 and ended up with it too. All are pre safety guns and in close to new condition. Lever guns are worse than black rifles it seems.....

Here's my "new" 39A

View attachment 11162

I have one too. Great gun. I rember as a kid when some part of the case extraction broke. I had a Marling catalog that was about 5 years old, so in my 10 year old mind, I added about 2$ to the cost of the part.

Marlin was kind enough to send me a refund of that 2$ along with a note saying that their prices had not changed.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
I just bought this .357 GP100 TALO off of gunbroker. Saved $100 bucks over what I could get it for in a local shop. Can't wait to shoot it.

pix145148248.jpgpix666628926.jpgpix429132833.jpg

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Living in the same town as Bud's, and having three days off a week from work inevitably leads to strays following me home. I was planning on just not telling COMCIVCINCWIFE (she's off visiting her family), but she must have detected my schoolboy-esque delight from the tone of my voice and asked what I bought. I think I'm not in trouble, though, because she said, "Oooo, let's go shoot it when I get back."

STI Ranger III, NIB, for just under $825 out the door.

The Ranger III has an odd hammer block design that threw me for a bit when I was fondling it in the store. Other than that, it's a very nicely built gun, with just the right amount of fit between the slide and frame. Since I have basically no responsibilities until work tomorrow, I do believe that I will take it for a spin...now. I do so love me some commander style 1911.

Attachments

• photo-2.JPG
    photo-2.JPG
    549.6 KB · Views: 22

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
It should be in my hands by the end of the week I hope. The TALO is a special run of 2000 pistols that are a bit different than a standard GP100. I like the Novak sights, bead blasted finish and tuned trigger. I really like the melted edges and beveled/chamfered cylinder.