• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

LFDtoUSMC

pilot
Contributor
Sweet lever gun. Another model I have always had an eye out for.

Wow 6 digit......that's early. Let us know how she shoots

I forgot to update you. She shoots sweet. I find it absolutely amazing that I can take the weapon down to all the bits and pieces and put it back together again, all without ever having done more than hold an M1 before, and it shot so well.

The bottom three were the first shots. Adjusted up a bit and you see the results. That was from about 90-100 yds, standing. Needless to say I am quite pleased.

IMG_0128.jpg
Second pic is a little NFA fun my brother and I had the same day.
IMG_0553.JPG

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
After a couple of weeks of looking I bought a very nice (I think....) Marlin 1894 in 44 Mag. It was made in 1976 so it is a true Marlin and not a Remlin like the new one's. It's a pre-crossbolt safety weapon too which makes it even better. The seller calls it NRA 99%+ both inside and out and he's got nothing but steller feedback from lots of past buyers. The wood looks to be just average for an older Marlin but I think I'm going to be pleased with the total package. I'm thinking about putting a good aperture sight on it or maybe a nice compact 1X4X20 scope if my eyes can't hang with the sight radius.

That looks sweet. I've toyed with the idea of getting a Henry lever gun in .357 as a fun gun. Fairly inexpensive to plink with. I probably will some time in the future, but for now, my cabinet runneth over.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
That looks sweet. I've toyed with the idea of getting a Henry lever gun in .357 as a fun gun. Fairly inexpensive to plink with. I probably will some time in the future, but for now, my cabinet runneth over.

Yea I have too many too but with all my guns I don't really have a deer/pig rifle anymore. My kid made off with my 270 last year and since I was thinking about a pistol caliber lever action anyway I decided on something in a 44 Mag. Should be real good for NC and FL deer and pigs.

I forgot to update you. She shoots sweet. I find it absolutely amazing that I can take the weapon down to all the bits and pieces and put it back together again, all without ever having done more than hold an M1 before, and it shot so well.

I haven't shot mine in a while but every time I pick a Garand up I feel like I'm holding a well engineered finely made tool and not a rifle. It feels even more like that when you take it down to clean it. I'm not a great shot but 200 yrds almost feels like point blank range with a Garand. Love it!!

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Love the 1894. I've been looking at a henry 22 or a marlin 336.

Never ever go to http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/ I ended up with the 1894 in 44 Mag I mentioned earlier. I have another 1894 in 357 Mag and a 336 in 30-30 on the way. This past Sunday at the fun show I ran into a guy selling a very sweet Marlin 39A .22 and ended up with it too. All are pre safety guns and in close to new condition. Lever guns are worse than black rifles it seems.....

Here's my "new" 39A

39A rec.jpg

Attachments

• 39A SM.jpg
    39A SM.jpg
    431.3 KB · Views: 16

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Is that from High Caliber Sales? Or did you get the can from someone else? I ask because no one likes to mention what they paid for cans, even if they're not a vendor and don't have to worry about MAP.

There's a Surefire 556-212 on sale at Rainier Arms right now that I've been eyeing...just to put away for a while until I move (or when I go home on leave). It's not like I don't have time for all the paperwork to process.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Yes I got both the can and the upper from High Caliber. I wanted an exact clone of the MK12 Mod1 and I couldn't find anyone in Virginia that carried the OPS INC 12th model can. The form 3 took approximately 2 months to get to my dealer. To clarify, that picture is not actually my can as mine is still at the dealer awaiting final ATF approval. The can was either 750 or 800 dollars not including the stamp. I got a smoking deal on the glass from Leupold's military sales and all in all I have just over three grand in the gun. I'll try to post a picture of the complete weapon system after I get the suppressor back.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
I don't own many 22's but I do have a couple of nice ones that I shoot. I have a nice Remington model 241 that was made in 1938. My grandfather bought it new and it will never leave the family. I still shoot it and it's a real tack driver. I have a Remington Nylon 66 and a pristine early Ruger Mk II pistol. I also just bought at auction an as new unfired 1967 Ruger 10/22. The wood is really pretty walnut. I can't wait to get my hands on that and shoot the hell out of it.

phrogpilot73

Here's my latest purchase... It's going to be a while before I fire it:

417432_10151183991781457_2083829170_n.jpg

You're looking at a 1968 Romanian AK-47, with all part numbers matching (with the exception of the dust cover and new Romanian chrome lined barrel). Receiver is already at the gunsmith/FFL (and oh, by the way - the lowest priced FFL in the area, that can also be persuaded to lower his labor rate for homebrew beer), and this is going into his possession tomorrow. I can't wait to see it finished, and take it to the range. Me and my buddy (the MO from the days of converting a Saiga) are going to make it a "battlefield pickup".

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Call Cooper rifles and order a model 57M Custom Classic in 22 LR with skeltonized pistol grip and butt and inlayed sling swivels. Take one piece of Walnut that your Grandfather cut off the family farm 40 years ago and mail it to Cooper, apply about $3.5K and in a year a stock that looks like this - http://www.cooperfirearms.com/our-rifles/99-model-56 on an action like this http://www.cooperfirearms.com/our-rifles/97-model-57-m will arrive at your dealer.

The wait started yesterday. Here's the wood. Not remarkable but IMO a family heirloom in the making.

wood1.jpg

sodajones

Combat Engineer
My old standby. Springfield mil-spec.

1911britpack.jpg

My buddy trying out my Daniel Defense 16" middy with POF lower and LMT sopmod stock. Rounded out with a Nightforce 2.5-10x32. (Best scope I've ever owned)

marprescott.jpg

PTR-91 and GSG-5 (.22) I have since sold them both. I go through guns like most marines go through women.

P1000206.jpg