• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
I just finally finished building (I say that now, but I'm sure it will find some additions in the near future) an AR chambered in 5.45x39, and I've always wanted an AK. I think I'd like to go with a -74, to keep a common stock of ammo. How do you like the Tantal so far (Polish variant, right)? Also, I'm wondering if it's feasible to replace the wire folder, a feature I much dislike, with a red or plumb wood stock.
Love it - extremely accurate. Apparently the older Tantals from Century had some serious keyholing problems attributed to workmanship and barrel sizing issues, but Century got their act together and fixed the problems. I've always liked the AK-74 muzzle brake design, and it seems to work really well; the rifle has very low / non-existent apparent recoil. I'm not the biggest fan of the wire stock either, but I already have another fixed stock so I'll keep this as a folder. Apparently it's pretty easy to replace - good discussion thread with pics here: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_95/117637_Polish_Tantal_Furniture.html

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Not to derail the current conversation, but I was curious what the local NRA chapters opinion is of the browning hi power. I haven't read through all 26pgs of this thread, but it seems that there are lots of polymer handgun fans and 1911 fans, but I haven't seen too much, if any, discussion of a hi power. I had a friend recommend one to me and i was looking for a second opinion.

I believe the majority of British forces used it as a sidearm until 2008-ish, when they switched to Sigs. I've fired exactly one magazine through one, and like Rocketman said, it does fit fairly nicely. Beyond that, I don't know much about it, other than I haven't really seen them around of late. Nor have I ever seen one used in USPSA or IDPA, like many other service style pistols.

Pags

N/A
pilot
I believe the majority of British forces used it as a sidearm until 2008-ish, when they switched to Sigs. I've fired exactly one magazine through one, and like Rocketman said, it does fit fairly nicely. Beyond that, I don't know much about it, other than I haven't really seen them around of late. Nor have I ever seen one used in USPSA or IDPA, like many other service style pistols.
Yeah, I guess the original was designed by John browning for FN. since browning had already sold his patents for the 1911 he had to work around those patents to make a similar weapon. There was one in a gun store here in pax that my buddy was trying to convince me to get, but a lack of ranges, time, and an upcoming overseas pcs made me say, "what's the point?"

yak52driver

Contributor
Picked up my latest AR last week, sighted it in Saturday and ran a couple hundred rounds through it. Spike lower, Daniel Defense barrel, Magpul milspec stock, grip and pop up sights, bipod front grip, Surefire light, Adams Arms piston system.

Joins my other two AR's, both Bushmaster lowers with gas ejection systems, my Sig P226 9mm and Beretta PX4 Storm Compact.
small 1.jpgsmall 2.jpg

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
Picked up my latest AR last week, sighted it in Saturday and ran a couple hundred rounds through it. Spike lower, Daniel Defense barrel, Magpul milspec stock, grip and pop up sights, bipod front grip, Surefire light, Adams Arms piston system.

Looks great. You forgot to mention the BCM Gunfighter CH. I just got one and love that thing. Never going back to an original. How do you like the MOE pistol grips?

yak52driver

Contributor
Looks great. You forgot to mention the BCM Gunfighter CH. I just got one and love that thing. Never going back to an original. How do you like the MOE pistol grips?

I really like them, I started with a stock grip on my first AR, tried the MOE grip and it fit my hand really well so I put them on all my AR's. And yes, the Bravo Company CH's rock. I went with the extended paddle version because I shoot left handed, when I switch magazines or have to clear a round it's a lot easier to catch the handle with my right hand.

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
Not really my latest purchases, but had a massive cleaning after shooting last weekend so I figured I'd snap a pic and show'em off.

From top to bottom...
Savage 93r17 .17HMR
K.I.S.S budget AR (YHM,MOE,DTI parts), total cost was $607
Springfield custom compact 1911 Officer's
Numbers matching 1948 M44 Mosin
H&R/N.E.F Auto Excell 12 ga

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 42

Sapper!

Excuse the BS...
535707_10150858431985056_542470055_12148169_260593467_n.jpg

200 dollars, was malfunctioning. Had to file off some burrs on the inside of the slide and it works like a charm. The seller knew the issue, I did not take them on it.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I don't think you would have been taking them for much, even if they didn't know. Bud's is selling them NIB for $299 shipped, and notably cheaper in the store...if you're fortunate to live close enough. So far, I think I've shown remarkable restraint since moving here and shooting at Bud's range every Thursday night. Time for a relapse!

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
My new M&P 15/22 and I swear, it's for my daughter!!

photo14-2.jpg

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
After a couple of weeks of looking I bought a very nice (I think....) Marlin 1894 in 44 Mag. It was made in 1976 so it is a true Marlin and not a Remlin like the new one's. It's a pre-crossbolt safety weapon too which makes it even better. The seller calls it NRA 99%+ both inside and out and he's got nothing but steller feedback from lots of past buyers. The wood looks to be just average for an older Marlin but I think I'm going to be pleased with the total package. I'm thinking about putting a good aperture sight on it or maybe a nice compact 1X4X20 scope if my eyes can't hang with the sight radius.

Pics below are from the seller. I'll post some better one's when I get it. Now I'm trying to resist buying one in 357 Mag....I'll let you know how that turns out.

Marlin 1894 44 Mag R.jpg
Marlin 1894 44 Mag L.jpg