• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Nice get. I love mine too. It's a fairly early 5 digit SN with all USGI parts. I keep threatening to put an Ultimak rail on it so I can mount a Micro T-1 RD sight but haven't yet. I have some nice wood for it but I keep a Viet Nam era GI issue fiberglass stock on it. It's ugly but tough as nails and isn't affected by moisture etc. Bevo has a nice one he hunts with

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
Outstanding rifle. Mine came out of the box with a perfect zero---balls on. Maybe I was lucky, but I haven't had to dial in a single click yet. Tack driver.

The same was basically true for mine as well. I had played with the sites some when I was looking at it, but all I did was return it to mechanical zero prior to shooting it and it's dead on. Positively the most accurate rifle I have ever owned.

While I appreciate the ruggedness of the fiberglass or synthetic stocks, they just don't have the warmth or character of American walnut. =). I love my AR, but it just doesn't have the feel that this Sprinfield does.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
.......all I did was return it to mechanical zero prior to shooting it and it's dead on. Positively the most accurate rifle I have ever owned.

IMHO the sights on the Garand/M1A are the best combat sights ever designed for long range shooting. You Airborne dudes know how to use a tight sling?

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
While I appreciate the ruggedness of the fiberglass or synthetic stocks, they just don't have the warmth or character of American walnut. =). I love my AR, but it just doesn't have the feel that this Sprinfield does.

Agreed. I bought mine with the synthetic stock and found a used wood stock and handguard in 99% condition for $150. It's nice being able to quickly switch between the two.

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
IMHO the sights on the Garand/M1A are the best combat sights ever designed for long range shooting. You Airborne dudes know how to use a tight sling?

Yes, I know how to use a tight sling. Matter of fact I was considering getting a Ching sling for this rifle. I've never used one before, but it sounds like a good concept.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
There may or may not be a Correct Grade M1 sitting in its case, covered in grease, in my hallway. I may have a problem. Admitting it is the first step, right?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
CMP is selling again? I am going to come home from this deployment with less money than I started. 1911, nice watch, M1...I guess there is something to be said for the finer things in life.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
CMP is selling again? I am going to come home from this deployment with less money than I started. 1911, nice watch, M1...I guess there is something to be said for the finer things in life.

Yes, including Service Grades. Hurry though. The SG seem to be flying out the door. The shipping on the Correct Grades seem to slow down the last week or two but that might have been coincidence.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
There may or may not be a Correct Grade M1 sitting in its case, covered in grease, in my hallway. I may have a problem. Admitting it is the first step, right?

The CMP correct grades are fantastic. I have 2 of those and I swear my 1955 HRA almost looks unfired.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Rog, did you guys just use your military ID when you order it? Do they need to see grades from a pistol/rifle shoot to qualify?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
The CMP correct grades are fantastic. I have 2 of those and I swear my 1955 HRA almost looks unfired.

When I peeked at it after picking it up from the FedEx place, I said, "oh, I guess that makes sense that the barrel is completely black." My FG, not so much. I haven't really had a chance to look at it for more than a few minutes, but I'll have my work cut out for me on the stock. Ick.

@schoolbubba,

You will need to get one of the forms notarized. If you go in person, you don't, but if you mail in, you do. Because I moved since my last purchase, I had to do it. I had the legal officer do mine, although he was an O-3. That was apparently good enough.

I'm visiting the LA area this weekend and there's a guy who has what looks like a nice M1c that I may end up leaving town with. I have yet to see it in person, though. Like I said, I have a problem.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Not a great pic but picked up my 12g Maverick 88 shotgun, for HD of course:

photo18.jpg

LFDtoUSMC

pilot
Contributor
Yes, including Service Grades. Hurry though. The SG seem to be flying out the door. The shipping on the Correct Grades seem to slow down the last week or two but that might have been coincidence.

What are your thoughts on these particular SG options, worth the extra $325?

M1 Garand, Service Grade HRA (Harrington & Richardson) Special.
Allow 30-60 days for delivery.
HRA collector grade metal in excellent almost new condition. Walnut stocks and handguards and associated hardware are new manufacture.NOT original HRA manufacture.
$950 Effective 1-3-2012
S&H $24.95 per rifle
M1 Garand, Service Grade Springfield Special.
allow 30-60 days for delivery.
SA collector grade metal in excellent almost new condition. Walnut stocks and handguards and associated hardware are new manufacture. NOToriginal SA manufacture.
$950 Effective 1-3-2012
S&H $24.95 per rifle